PC Power & Cooling

Asazman

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 6, 2002
Messages
4,316
Perhaps some of you have read my thread HERE, in that case you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I need a power supply that will last me, hopefully for at least a year or so. It needs to be able to handle the following:

3 or 4 hard drives
DVD-RW
9800XT
floppy
6ish fans
Overclocked 2500+ to approx. 2.75Ghz
Prometeia Mach I complete with heating element

I am looking at PC Power & Cooling power supplies, as my antec piece-of-shit 550 power supply died. There seem to be many different types, but I am unsure of what is best for me....I'm looking at a 510 or 550 power supply from them. Do you guys know of any great retailers that offer PC Power & Cooling power supplies?

Thanks everyone!!
 
Xoxide sells them, as well as Directron, among a few others, I'd imagine. Seeing as I run a Channel-Well Tech OEM'd TurboLink 420w PSU, I can't vouch for the PCP&C's. But from all the places I've seen them mentioned, they are the best supplies bar-none, and you'd most likely be well off for a long time, even with the 510w model.

Too bad I don't have the funds to blow $200 on a new PSU right now, or I probably would.. I'll probably grab one of the Forton 530w'ers.
/semi thread jack off ;)

[edit]
They've got them @ ExcaliberPC also.
 
Just purchase the 510 directly from PC Power & Cooling the new version is ATX2.0 compliant and you can always call them and tell them what your needs are and they will give you a recomendation if need be.
 
I had an Enermax 435 That was pretty good and lasted (still runnin) 4 years.
But believe it when you read all the good stuff about the PCP&C!
The rails are incredibly stable and strong.
Aida32 shows 11.98v Digimeter:12.05 Stable
All the other volts are dead nuts.
The 510 puts out 600w at the temps most other ps's put out at lower ambient temps
Just give em a call and tell the person what you need and they will make it up.
Even future proof to a degree, real helpful.
This ain't !!!!!! stuff, The quality is just amazing!
 
twajetmech said:
the new version is ATX2.0 compliant

no its simply compatible not compliant, to be compliant it would need two seperate +12V rails

and its ATX12V v2.03 (mobo ATX v2.2)
 
Back
Top