PC Power & Cooling 610W

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddude

2[H]4U
Hey, kinda new to the forum and just wanted to see what you guys thought of this set up and PSU.

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD 3200 64
1GB Kingston HyperX ram
ATi x1300 PCI-E
2x150MCE Hauppauge TV Tuners
AuzenTech XPlosion
10 SATA Hard drives
1 IDE hard drive
Lg DVD-RAM

Some other stuff, card reader, good number of fans.

So do you think a PC&C 610 could power this? Heres the newegg link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817703005

550W NeoHE, 500W Silverstone Element Plus version, 500W Enermax Liberty... I'd pick one of those (the NeoHE or Liberty if you want modular).

True... but...

The Enermax isn't as efficient.

The Silverstone isn't modular.

And the NeoHE is based on a cheaper quality platform than the PCP&C and Corsair (among other Seasonic builds.)

Excellent response time! :)

I’m assuming then that all of these PSU’s would power my system. I wasn’t sure what all I’d need to power 11 HD’s. I figured I’d need something like the PC&C, but if I can get something cheaper (and quieter) than I’ll jump on it.

jonnyGURU said:
True... but...

The Enermax isn't as efficient.

The Silverstone isn't modular.

And the NeoHE is based on a cheaper quality platform than the PCP&C and Corsair (among other Seasonic builds.)

Well, he didn't say he needed a top of the line PSU, just something of good quality that will power his system with no problem. He didn't say he wanted modular either :confused:

dBTelos said:
Well, he didn't say he needed a top of the line PSU, just something of good quality that will power his system with no problem. He didn't say he wanted modular either :confused:

Oh.. Duh!!! Now my threads are bleeding together in my mind. :confused:

maddude0025 said:
Unless there’s something wrong with it.

That particular model has been known to sneak into your bedroom at night and whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

That particular model has been known to sneak into your bedroom at night and whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

That's what MAKES me want it!

I'm not sure what you mean by ignoreing advice. I read everything everyone had to say to my post, at the same time I also read alot of the other posts in this and other forums, while doing even more research on the web. I didn't know that by posting my idea and question here that I had to stick with the PC&C 610, or purchase what PSU's were suggested. I looked at everything they said, and in the end I figured that the OCZ was the best bang for the buck, and by posting that here people showed me that I could get the model up for cheaper, to which I am very thankful.

maddude0025 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by ignoreing advice. I read everything everyone had to say to my post, at the same time I also read alot of the other posts in this and other forums, while doing even more research on the web. I didn't know that by posting my idea and question here that I had to stick with the PC&C 610, or purchase what PSU's were suggested. I looked at everything they said, and in the end I figured that the OCZ was the best bang for the buck, and by posting that here people showed me that I could get the model up for cheaper, to which I am very thankful.

I recommend the Corsir HX620W. :D

PC Power and Cooling is considered one of the elite of the elite when it comes to power supplies. Choosing one would definately be a wise investment because remember, everything is connected to your power supply...if that goes...theres a chance everything else will as well.
I highly recommend PC P&C.

Riddlinkidstoner said:
PC Power and Cooling is considered one of the elite of the elite when it comes to power supplies. Choosing one would definately be a wise investment because remember, everything is connected to your power supply...if that goes...theres a chance everything else will as well.
I highly recommend PC P&C.

jonnyGURU said:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373110&prodlist=froogle

Same price, but free freight.

Also built by Seasonic, but is modular, has one more Amp on the 12V rail, is rated at 50C instead of 40C and has a five year warranty instead of a three year warranty.

Do tell... Outside of slapping a PCP&C label on this Seasonic, what does PCP&C do to it to make it so "elite of the elite."

jonnyGURU said:
Do tell... Outside of slapping a PCP&C label on this Seasonic, what does PCP&C do to it to make it so "elite of the elite."

because its a safe bet. and if you recommend it noobs think you are elite. its almost as if every other psu besides pc p&c is dirt and will blow ur system when it goes down.

jonnyGURU said:
Jonny, these are not "rebadged" Seasonic PSU's, Seasonic makes them to PC P&C's specs.

Given PC P&C's reputation, warranty, customer service & excellent reviews, these are among the best PSU's available.

Dave ;)

Now let's look at the reputation of TT & Ultra! :p

davidhammock200 said:
Jonny, these are not "rebadged" Seasonic PSU's, Seasonic makes them to PC P&C's specs.

Given PC P&C's reputation, warranty, customer service & excellent reviews, these are among the best PSU's available.

Dave ;)

See, I'm not crazy when I take my medication. PC P&C is one of the best however there are other brands that are just as good which include Seasonic :)

davidhammock200 said:

Would you consider the 'Silencer' (that's the one made by Seasonic, right?) a better PSU then the S12, sence it is ordered by PC P&C?

There are plenty of good psu's out there, but I personally will always recommend PC Power and Cooling psu's. They are very high quality and yes, you will pay a little more for it, but it's their customer service that is second to none. I had a 510 deluxe that actually smoked on me (yes, actual smoke!) about 2 years ago. I called up their customer service, told them what had happened and gave them the serial number to the psu. I had a new one on my doorstep the next day, from CA! They simply asked me to ship back the one that burnt up at my earliest conveniance. No other company would have done that, at least not without giving them some sort of credit card info. I had to give them nothing but my name, address and serial number.

With service like that, I became a customer for life.

Shawn

verncat05 said:
There are plenty of good psu's out there, but I personally will always recommend PC Power and Cooling psu's. They are very high quality and yes, you will pay a little more for it, but it's their customer service that is second to none. I had a 510 deluxe that actually smoked on me (yes, actual smoke!) about 2 years ago. I called up their customer service, told them what had happened and gave them the serial number to the psu. I had a new one on my doorstep the next day, from CA! They simply asked me to ship back the one that burnt up at my earliest conveniance. No other company would have done that, at least not without giving them some sort of credit card info. I had to give them nothing but my name, address and serial number.

With service like that, I became a customer for life.

Shawn

I hear that OCZ has very similar service to this.

No other company would have done that

I wouldn't make a statement like that without a large amount of personal experience with other companies.

I wouldn't make a statement like that without a large amount of personal experience with other companies.

Fair enough, I suppose. I can say this, that of all the companies that I have dealt with, they are the only one that has done this. Can you name one, in your own personal experience, that has done this for you?

I guess I'll pose this question to everyone, then. Can anyone name a company that has done an RMA like this? To be specific, has a company shipped out a product, via overnight shipping, without some sort of credit card payment up front, or something of that nature? If so, post them here. I have dealt with several companies for RMA purposes and not one has ever done anything even remotely close to that.

I'm not trying to start any crap either, so please don't take this post that way. I would merely like to find out if anyone has had that type of customer service experience with another company. If so, then that type of info would be good to give to people who are looking for recommendations.

Shawn

Their was a thread on OCZ a while back about there service, it was reported quite good. *cough* search *cough*

I simply asked people that may have had similar experiences to post them here. Thank you, though, for posting about your personal experiences.

Oh wait, you didn't.

*cough* read the post *cough*.

As a side note, I have heard the OCZ has good service, but I have not had any personal experience with them, hence the reason I asked people to post their own positive feedback on customer service experiences. My one of that magnitude was with PC Power and Cooling, which is why I posted about them.

OCZ has fantastic customer service & yes, I personally know of OCZ doing the same,
however I have never heard of ANYONE other than PC P&C and OCZ doing this! ;)

Well... goodbye everyone. If I can't meet eye to eye with the almight PSU GOD Dave Hammock then I've outlived my usefulness.....

davidhammock200 said:

It's still a Seasonic and uses the same quality components as a Corsair. PCP&C did not do anything in the "design" of that PSU to make it better than anything else Seasonic makes. What they do do is spread enough FUD to make them look like top dog. Even when they supply you Chroma ATE test results with their PSU's, they're not even complete! You pay extra for something that the Chroma can test and spit out in under 5 minutes!

I stand by what I said... the Corsair costs the same, has more power, is modular and has a longer warranty. And, YES PCP&C has a GREAT warranty and great support personnel, but YOU can't say otherwise about Corsair.

davidhammock200 said:

Now you're just being a jerk. We're not discussing either of those brands here. You just want to bring them up so you can spread more FUD and use your position as a PSU authority to beat people up for having an educated opinion.

I don't know about Thermaltake's service. I'm not sure why you would feel the need to drag them into this other than you just trying to be a prick and knowing that it would push my buttons. Sure, Thermaltake has used a number of different OEM's, often getting it wrong. But when they finally get it right and put out a good product, you can't cut them enough slack to throw them some business when they actually have a modular power supply that's powerful, efficient and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

And what about Ultra?!? I know you're not questioning their service. They have a toll free number, support email and a forum..... Oh wait... it's that whole grudge thing again, isn't it? Two years ago, Ultra makes ONE POWER SUPPLY that had a high failure rate (something like 7%) and you're on their back like Dustin Hoffman on a Camel in Ishtar. Youngyear screwed that pooch. Not Ultra. Ultra always used Wintech, but they wouldn't make a modular so they went to Youngyear. When they went back to Youngyear for better pricing, Youngyear screwed them by making the product cheaper.

But see.... it's ok to not like a brand because of a particular model you might have had bad experience with in the past. That's ok. It's to constantly harp on it and to pop your head into every thread that brings up the word "Thermaltake" or "Ultra" so you can give your 2 cents that's really annoying... even though you have no PERSONAL experience. I've blown up my share of Thermaltakes and won't even begin to apologize for the X-Connect, but both companies seem to be on a track that's putting out much better product than most companies you give a lot more credit to.

I'm tired of butting heads with you Dave. Your power of viral marketing and FUD is much greater than mine. I bow to you.

I'm done here. Goodbye.

i hope your happy dave.

we lost someone that really knew his stuff, and its all because of you

GG :mad:

WTF!?

Jonny, I have the highest respect for you & your reviews.

I even posted & linked some of your reviews at DFI & EOC & have posted "If Jonny says it, you can believe it".

I apologize, if I have offended you.

Please email me.

Thanks,
Dave

Good job dave. Hopefully now we'll see an episode on celebrity death match with him beating you over the head with a TT PSU :cool:

Bill

Arcenite said:
Good job dave. Hopefully now we'll see an episode on celebrity death match with him beating you over the head with a TT PSU :cool:

Bill

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back