PC Power and Cooling 425watt

Pinipig523

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought one for $65. Is this a good deal? I noticed after I bought it that it isn't the DELUXE version. Is there a big difference between these two versions?

I don't think they have a 425w silencer. I'm guessing it's a Turbocool model which should be an excellent power supply. The different PCPC models, like deluxe, just change the connectors of the power supply, nothing internal. So as long as that power supply has the connectors you want don't worry about it not being a deluxe model. It seems like you got a good deal to me.

The difference between the deluxe and standard models is just the trim and finish. Sleeved wires, black casing, and IIRC they drill holes to access the rail adjustment pots in the deluxe and not the standard. No difference in circuitry or connectors

oops...I accidently posted under pinipig523. We're brothers and I was using his pc.

It's a turbo-cool.

I also searched around google and the differences I found between the deluxe and non deluxe where that the deluxe has 8 amps more on the +3.3v...40 amps vs. 32 amps. This doesn't make any sense though because if there is more amps on the +3.3v there there should be more wattage but both are rated at the same wattage.

pinoy87 said:
oops...I accidently posted under pinipig523. We're brothers and I was using his pc.

It's a turbo-cool.

I also searched around google and the differences I found between the deluxe and non deluxe where that the deluxe has 8 amps more on the +3.3v...40 amps vs. 32 amps. This doesn't make any sense though because if there is more amps on the +3.3v there there should be more wattage but both are rated at the same wattage.

Yep. 26.4W more. But maybe the maximum combined wattage didn't change. Just the capability of that one rail. Remember: It's still s switch mode power supply. The rails are still interactive and dependent on each other (unless it's that new quad rail beast that looks like each 12V has it's own rectifier, transformer and transistors.)

Back