ThatsAgood1jay
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 21, 2006
- Messages
- 1,029
I bought a PC power and cooling Silencer 750 and installed it today. But upon installing it, no matter what i did, it would not start when i pressed the power button, or jumped the motherboard. I tried everything, unplugged everything except the ATX power connectors and nothing. The motherboard power indicators would light, and when i did hit the power button, the lights in my room would flicker like they did when i powered my old system up. I checked the ATX connector to make sure all the pin's were there, and the wiring was correct. Everything was good except that one pin was missing out of the 5th slot on the 13th to 24th pin side. I checked a standard ATX wiring diagram, and it said that that pin was not used. But, when i checked the old powersupply i was replacing (OCZ modstream 520w) in that slot, there was a pin. Would the lack of that connector be enough to throw my motherboard off?.
All the system in my sig is the same, except i wanted a beefier power supply because i was planning on doing some upgrade in the future. Including a new motherboard.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All the system in my sig is the same, except i wanted a beefier power supply because i was planning on doing some upgrade in the future. Including a new motherboard.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.