• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PC-only 24" LCD Panel - LG?

Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
6
Hey all,

Great forums here, I've been perusing the posts about 24" LCDs and there is some fantastic info .. better than I've found by google'ing the monitors I'm interested in :)

I'm a web-application and game developer and I'm looking to upgrade my 19" ViewSonic 912b to a 24" panel in the very near future. I have a bunch of BB gift cards and reward certs so I pretty much have to buy it at BB to be able to afford the pricetag :) This limits me to a certain few models and I'm leaning toward the LG L246WP-BN. From what I've read here, and that fantastic side-by-side comparison, it seems the LG panel would fit my needs the best.

I do pay some World of Warcraft, and thats the extent of my gaming. My current ViewSonic 19" panel plays WoW just fine at an 8ms response rate (imo) so I don't think that the LG will effect my gaming experience at all. In the future I may play other games, but no FPS stuff.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys might have :)

All the best,
Jeff
 
don't worry about the LG's reponse time
i have one and there is no ghosting at all its really fast

its a S-IPS PANEL with 178 degree viewing with HDMI and all the other inputs
it rocks contrast is awesome colors are sharp and accurate no banding in games
its probably one of the best 24inch monitors you can buy
 
do not hesitate get it....the only game i really play is also wow.

I dont believe this panel is an ips. a 24 ips is 1600 ala the nec or eizo.

BUT with that said...i now believe there is ALOT more that makes a panel than the screen....

because this thing is as tight as my 20 ips dell widescreen but with much better color.

I had the gateway and sent it packin in a day...own the dell for 6 months and not happy...i finally bought the lg the other day and omg awesome!

It exibits no color shift or backlight bleed in normal sitting conditions even moving left to right.
has tremendous color and contrast and has no ghosting whatsoever. You will not be sorry.

Do not walk run and get this monitor if you were on the fence dont be,
 
I know its crazy my 20inch LG L204wt has more black light bleeding than the 24inch lg
it has like no blacklight bleed the least ive ever seen on a monitor
i didn;t even have to calibrate it was ready right outta the box
this monitor is kickass
 
Thanks guys :)

I think I'll be picking it up later in the week as the last of my gift cards come in the mail!

These forums are great, I'm glad I stumbled onto them while I was surfing for hardware reviews!
 
Come back when you get it and give us some feedback on your experience
 
better get it by saturday
Bestbuy is selling this monitor for $650 knocking $50.00 off the retail price of 699.99
 
don't worry about the LG's reponse time
i have one and there is no ghosting at all its really fast

its a S-IPS PANEL with 178 degree viewing with HDMI and all the other inputs
it rocks contrast is awesome colors are sharp and accurate no banding in games
its probably one of the best 24inch monitors you can buy

Is it better than the Dell 2407 WFP or is it just a matter of personal preference?
 
Is it better than the Dell 2407 WFP or is it just a matter of personal preference?


the ghosting on the 2407 isnt really an issue, but this lg kils the dell in soooo many ways.

The 2407 has lighing shift when moving left and right on dark and light areas, the lg does not.
The 2407 has black crush and is hard on the eyes on dark shdes form dead on...The lg does not
The 2407 has a red push on orange brown and tan tones so that orange has a pinkish hue to it and brown and and tan such as the dirt in world of warcraft is red or reddish instead or browns and tans.that is in the color decoder and is unadjustable even throught the service menu. The LG color is spot on
The 2407 is washed out in color and is unadjustable, the lg is again lush and vibrant.


These are most of the things that drove me nuts on the 2407 and ultimatly have me packing up my 2407 ts weekend and heading to ebay. I LOVE that LG 24.
 
the ghosting on the 2407 isnt really an issue, but this lg kils the dell in soooo many ways.

The 2407 has lighing shift when moving left and right on dark and light areas, the lg does not.
The 2407 has black crush and is hard on the eyes on dark shdes form dead on...The lg does not
The 2407 has a red push on orange brown and tan tones so that orange has a pinkish hue to it and brown and and tan such as the dirt in world of warcraft is red or reddish instead or browns and tans.that is in the color decoder and is unadjustable even throught the service menu. The LG color is spot on
The 2407 is washed out in color and is unadjustable, the lg is again lush and vibrant.


These are most of the things that drove me nuts on the 2407 and ultimatly have me packing up my 2407 ts weekend and heading to ebay. I LOVE that LG 24.


yes, the dell isnt what its cracked up to be, in fact its quite inferior to most of the other panels out there no matter what anybody says.
it has issues:(
 
this is my 2nd LG LCD monitor my first was 20 inch ws L204wt

now i got 24inch they both have awesome contrasts
when the guy at bestbuy opened teh monitor up and pluged it in to check for dead pixels
he was like WOW that is Really nice blacks and stuff
the geek squad were salivating over teh contrast on this thing colors right on too
 
the ghosting on the 2407 isnt really an issue, but this lg kils the dell in soooo many ways.

The 2407 has lighing shift when moving left and right on dark and light areas, the lg does not.
The 2407 has black crush and is hard on the eyes on dark shdes form dead on...The lg does not
The 2407 has a red push on orange brown and tan tones so that orange has a pinkish hue to it and brown and and tan such as the dirt in world of warcraft is red or reddish instead or browns and tans.that is in the color decoder and is unadjustable even throught the service menu. The LG color is spot on
The 2407 is washed out in color and is unadjustable, the lg is again lush and vibrant.


These are most of the things that drove me nuts on the 2407 and ultimatly have me packing up my 2407 ts weekend and heading to ebay. I LOVE that LG 24.



yes, the dell isnt what its cracked up to be, in fact its quite inferior to most of the other panels out there no matter what anybody says.
it has issues:(

HAHAH

it's probably no wonder i haven't jumped in and bought a dell. i have been to view them 3 times now, and just seem to walk away unexcited about the whole thing. i kinda agree with that is said, the colours seem to have little punch. i actually though the 20 is better.

cheers
 
its a S-IPS PANEL with 178 degree viewing with HDMI and all the other inputs

Wrong... It's the same panel than the BenQ FP241W/WZ/VW. MVA or P-MVA not sure anymore. And yes you can find links that says it a S-IPS, but they are old an untrue(even LG's website had a bad listing once, wonder if it has been corrected)

But yes that monitor ROCKS. Like the BenQ, but less pricy. But it has less options for the inputs (only wide/4:3, instead of 1:1, aspect, full for the BenQ)

Go a head!
 
Wrong... It's the same panel than the BenQ FP241W/WZ/VW. MVA or P-MVA not sure anymore.

LG245WP has P-MVA panel AUO M240UW01 V0 - the same like BenQ FP241W. I have also posted a link to Czech review here in another LG 245/6 related thread, where the reviewer disassembled the monitor and took the picture of panel model.

And yes you can find links that says it a S-IPS, but they are old an untrue
I second that - unfortunately, my link to Anandtech forum thread (by BernardP) with official LG statement is dead. AFAIK the only 24" S-IPS (resp. A-TW-IPS/H-IPS) is NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi.
 
ah! i think i figure out which monitor to get with this post.

no help from a post where i just ask ppl which is the best monitor of 24 inch
 
Back
Top