PC not getting through to websites the first time; network acting fishy

Khaydarin

2[H]4U
The PC that I'm using is connected to the internet via another computer with a cross-over cable. On the PC that actually receives the internet from the wall, I have a separate network card that is connected (by the cross-over cable) to the main PC that I use. I have to do this since my school is on the Department of Defense network.

Anyways, this solution has worked fine up until today when I lost the ability to go to any site besides my school's intranet. I switched over to the slower PC that is connected to the wall, and I had no issues there. I reinstalled my ethernet drivers and restarted and messed with a few settings....I'm not sure which method worked but I can now connect to any site.

HOWEVER, I'm still having issues. If I want to connect to a new site, the connection won't go through and Firefox will give me the "Address not found...try again" option. When I do this, I can connect to the site. Once I'm in the given site, I can navigate around with no issues.

Any ideas about how I can fix this? This is only the case on my main PC, not the slower computer (my issued school computer, a dell) that is connected to the wall.

EDIT: For more info, I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit with Firefox 3.

Back