pc no longer starts.

rivacom

Limp Gawd
I use to have a 754 socket asus board in my computer which i recieved from cyberpower systems. The old agp card it came with was unbearable so I ordered a giga-byte board model Ga-K8NE and a pcie xfx 7600gt for the time being. Excited I started taking apart the mess cyberpowersystem had done to this case. Hundreds of useless wires eveywhere. So finally I get the new mother board in, to double check i followed the instructions on all the hook ups. Screw it all back in, plug it in, and the press the power button. Nothing.... so i double check everything.. looks good. Try it again.... nothing. Could this be a dead board? My only concern was that i have a 20 pin power supply rather then 24, but according to the instructions this shouldn't be a problem since i used the the right set for a 20 pin power supply. Could anyone else think of what could be wrong? I have emailed Giga-byte but new to them so im unsure how long it'll take for an answer.

recheck the wires for the front panel and make sure they are right on the mobo ,you may have plugged one up wrong.

set it up outside of the case on a cardboard box, and plug in only the essentials. mobo/cpu+hsf/one stick of ram/vidcard/keyboard/psu/monitor. if that works, then something in your case is shorting out the system. if that does not work, reseat the cpu and try again. if no fans spin at all, its probably the mobo or psu, so try a different psu. if the fans spin but you dont see anything, turn it off, pull out the ram, and turn it back on; this should cause error beep codes to sound off (make sure you have a speaker plugged into the front_panel header). if no error beeps, then its probably the mobo.

So i tried taking the motherboard out, put it on cardboard, took everything but video card and memory off. Reconnected all the wires, and still no go. I hooked up my old board real quick and it started like a charm. So does this sound like a dead mother board? Only thing i could think of is that the mother board has a 24 pin power supply, and i only have a 20, although in the instructions it says you can plug it in all the way to the right if your only using a 20 pin. I just wanted to double check that , this wouldn't be the cause, if so i can run out any buy an adapter.

Same problem here.

GA-K8NE (rev. 1.0)
Athlon 64 2800+
512MB Ram (Geil)
GeForce 6600 pcie.
LC Power 420W power supply (20pin)

The computer worked fine for about a year and a half now... but now I have same problem that it will not turn on. No fan no nothing... Dead.

I found out that if I leave computer plugged in over night, I can turn it on in the morning. But as soon as i turn it back off I cannot turn in back on.

Front panel buttons are ok, wiring is also ok.
I replaced the PSU from another computer (LC Power 550W 20-pin) and everything works fine now.

I think you should try different PSU.

Back