PC Mass Effect 3 - $9.98 (Amazon)

RAD

Limp Gawd
It has been on my wishlist for some time, waiting for it to get cheap. $10 is the best price I've seen by quite a bit and the PC version in theory comes with one of the DLC for free which should address some of the nuclear heat the endings apparently generated.

Thought I would share in case others were on the fence waiting for this one to get cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Pc/dp/B004FYKWZU/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
great deal but I bought it for 10 bucks a long tome ago so its been this price before.

Cool, I hadn't been tracking it that closely, just one of those things sitting on my long term amazon watchlist. Nice to know this isn't a "first time" deal.

Its worth it. If you do all of the side missions there are at least 20 hours of game play.

Thanks for the find OP. Noticed the x360 version was also selling for only $11.

A couple questions:

1) I was a rabidly enthusiastic ME 1 & 2 fan, but played those both on the x360. Any way for me to use mods/tools to carry over my decisions from those games? I really enjoyed seeing the various npcs from ME 1 pop up in ME 2 and would miss that here.

2) I recall Bioware releasing a patch or something that made some alterations to the outrage of ME3's ending. Is that a free bit o' DLC, or part of a for-pay pack?

3) x360 controller work with this thing on the PC?

Last edited:
Thanks for the find OP. Noticed the x360 version was also selling for only $11.

A couple questions:

1) I was a rabidly enthusiastic ME 1 & 2 fan, but played those both on the x360. Any way for me to use mods/tools to carry over my decisions from those games? I really enjoyed seeing the various npcs from ME 1 pop up in ME 2 and would miss that here.

2) I recall Bioware releasing a patch or something that made some alterations to the outrage of ME3's ending. Is that a free bit o' DLC, or part of a for-pay pack?

3) x360 controller work with this thing on the PC?

1. There is a tool to edit saves from the 360, I'm not sure if you can convert them over to the PC version though. You can always download a completed ME2 save and use the tool to edit the save to fit your choices though. The tool is called the Gibbed Save Editor.

2. The Extended Cut DLC that made changes to the ending is free, however I would recommend picking up the Leviathan DLC since I've heard people say that playing that during your initial play through adds a lot to the experience.

3. No. There might be a mod that adds controller support, but I'm not sure. By default controllers don't work with any of the Mass Effect games on the PC.

I just finished it, worth $10. ME1 and ME2 left me with a "WOW!", whereas ME3 left me with a... uh, okay. I added leviathon and citadel DLC, as I only intended to play through once and wanted the best ME3 experience. The journey was great, the destination, not so much.

Also I do recommend coming from a ME2 save. I didn't, and only had 4 NPCs with me.

Back