PC/Mac compatable DVI KVM switch?

desmopilot

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
127
Hoping someone here has experience with PC/Mac KVM switches. Have the two systems in my sig I'm wanting to attach to a KVM switch, have a Dell 2209WA that I'm hoping to share between the PC and MBP. Have no experience with KVMs (don't even know if it's right for my needs), here are my questions etc.

- Obviously would need one that works on both PC/Mac.
- Do KVMs use software? If so, is it required or optional?
- Since Apple insists on annoying us with the MiniDisplayPort, would a KVM even work through a MiniDisplayPort>DVI adapter?
- the PC will be attached to the KVM all the time, with the MBP being disconnected from the KVM when I take the MBP to work etc, will that create problems?
- Price, I assume I'm to be looking at around $200-$300?

Any comments/help etc is appreciated, thanks ahead of time.
 
Back
Top