• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PC Lag Mildly Random.

FabienO

n00b
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
3
MW2XonarD1Win764bit.jpg


This happens when I play MW2/CSS for not too long.

I've tried modified drivers, latest drivers, enable and disable between all 3 drivers on my PC... same issue. it seems to happen more readily when Sound card drivers enabled. The three I have showing are...

ASUS Xonar D1 Audio Device
ATI High Definition Audio Device
High Definition Audio Device

I've rotated all 3 on enabled and disabled but still I get that latency. Not only does the sound delay, but my whole computer slows. If I open foobar and play a song at the same time I run a stop watch, the stop watch will hit 20 seconds as the song hits about 16-17 seconds. It is physically slowing my PC down.
__________________
Win 7 64-bit - Core i7 D0 @ 4GHZ, GA-X58A-UD3R, Patriot Viper 1600MHZ 3*2GB, XFX ATI HD 5870, Xonar D1 PCI 7.1 Soundcard, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.12, Maxtor 300GB.
__________________

Tried uninstalling onBoard drivers and ASUS ones, then disabled onBoard in BIOS then installed ASUS only and it made it MUCH worse. Before it would only go perm red bar in games after a while. After I did this is was permanent and constant.

turned onBoard back on, disabled Xonar drivers... this is the worst it gets..

dpc2.jpg


So, huge improvement. it's mostly steady.

Just removed soundcard and uninstalled drivers. Still getting the issue.

How can I narrow down a cause?

I'm running Prime95 and that seems to induce it a little... certainly is right now.


I've just realised the crackling/pop noise that I used to randomly get with onBoard - Which is the reason I bought the soundcard - correlates with the DPC spikes. So this issue is from WAY before buying the soundcard. This happens randomly, not necessarily gaming related.


This is an overclocked bundle I bought from a retailer. So I can't imagine their being compatibility issues. I'm kind of lost on what to do. running Prim95 induces the lag. But there's no good reason MW2 should, my pc can more than handle it.
 
Back
Top