pc keeps restarting

xdviper

Gawd
i have a hp pavillon 6735 pc here and it keeps restarting whenever i logg in...
this is my uncles pc... the problem jsut started...
i've went into safe mod (im in safe right now spyware scanning and next virus scanning) and it doesnt restart.... whenever he loggs in any account user it restarts without any warning... i did a spyware scann it havent found anything. i am going to do a virus scan but i doubt there is anything on it... can anyone tell me why it keeps restarting? thnxx

i just scanned the computer and it found 8 viruses

Results:
We have detected 8 infected file(s) with 8 virus(es) on your computer. Only 0 out of 0 infected files are displayed.
Detected File Associated Virus Name
C:\Documents and Settings\yusuf\Local Settings\Temp\Del37.tmp TROJ_AGENT.RS
C:\Program Files\MsUpdate\a.tmp TROJ_DROPPER.MB
C:\Program Files\MsUpdate\a.zip
- Movie.exe TROJ_DROPPER.MB
C:\Program Files\MsUpdate\MsUpdate.exe TROJ_DROPPER.MB
C:\Program Files\Qdfff\Bhhhe.exe TSPY_SMALL.SN
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2052111302-764733703-839522115-1003\Dc6.zip
C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe WORM_RBOT.CHQ
C:\xz.exe WORM_RBOT.CHQ

Trojan/Worm Check 1 worm/Trojan horse detected

What we checked:
Malicious activity by a Trojan horse program. Although a Trojan seems like a harmless program, it contains malicious code and once installed can cause damage to your computer.
Results:
We have detected 1 Trojan horse program(s) and worm(s) on your computer. Only 0 out of 0 Trojan horse programs and worms are displayed.
Trojan/Worm Name Trojan/Worm Type
WORM_MUGLY.I Worm

Detected File Associated Virus Name
C:\Documents and Settings\yusuf\Local Settings\Temp\Del37.tmp TROJ_AGENT.RS
C:\Program Files\MsUpdate\a.tmp TROJ_DROPPER.MB
C:\Program Files\MsUpdate\a.zip
C:\Program Files\MsUpdate\MsUpdate.exe TROJ_DROPPER.MB
C:\Program Files\Qdfff\Bhhhe.exe TSPY_SMALL.SN
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2052111302-764733703-839522115-1003\Dc6.zip
C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe WORM_RBOT.CHQ
C:\xz.exe WORM_RBOT.CHQ

one of my firends computers did that i offered to reformat it for her but she got someone else to do it. i really wanted to, it would just be more relationship points for me..

Definately backup all files and reformat.

The best way to get rid of viruses (especially when they are this bad) is to reformat.
No matter what anyone tells you.

Virus scanners pickup only known signature files.

They have "heuristics" which can look for virus characteristics. But once someone has broken into your box. They could have untraceable backdoors.

When something is infected that bad. Thats why i suggest reformatting.

That's why i store all my personal files to another drive. That way all i have to do i reformat.
The easiest way to do this and reformat is to install windows. Get everything perfect the way you want it. And make a ghost image. Ghost images take no time to install and that way all you have to do is get the PC back to a normal state.

Trust me i've used hijack this , etc ,etc, etc

Best way to keep viruses out is to lockdown the PC turn on firewall and block everything that your not going to use.

ok thanks i cleaned up the registry manually, tuned it up, and its working great now...ive deelted the unneeded software...

thx i should reformat it... :D

Back