PC is turned off but Mouse is still on!

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I have a micorosft explorer mouse and a Microsoft Office Keyboard. Both devices do not turn off when i turn off my pc.

The lights on both peripherals still remains lit.. is there a way to get it to turn off with my pc? I'm not using USB by the way.

I'm currently on Windows 2000, and when I re-formatted my computer 6 months ago, I didn't have this problem. I don't really understand why I should have this problem now, as opposed to before.

It has to do with the power on by feature by the motherboard. Look for a bios or jumper setup that will say POWER ON BY MOUSE, KEYBOARD, MOUSE+KEYBOARD. And turn it off...

i have a computer that does the same thing, well only the keyboard stays on, but if it doens't bother you i wouldn't worry about it.;)

If they are USB Devices w/ the USB>PS2 adapters you'll need to remove them for the devices to fully power off. This is a known issue. Plug them into USB ports and you'll no longer have the issue. That or go buy PS2 devices if you need to keep the USB ports free.

jack_flack

Do you have a KVM? I notice that the red light is still on even though the PC is turned off. Pretty cool effect in my opinion :cool:

Try turning off "power on from keyboard" or something? well my optical logitech mouse (ps2 port) stays on when its turned off though you cant see it when its on the table anyway.
I used to have an older keyboard that would have one of the lights on too when my computer was turned off. This one onlyhas the 3 normal leds that are off.

Nah i dont have a KVM attached to it.

Man this is somewhat annoying!

Originally posted by MooCow
Do you have a KVM? I notice that the red light is still on even though the PC is turned off. Pretty cool effect in my opinion :cool:

Originally posted by baldyguy
....., I didn't have this problem. I don't really understand why I should have this problem now, as opposed to before.

Maybe im not getting it.

why is this a problem?

Back