• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PC in restarting loop!

dcsantiago

n00b
Joined
Aug 18, 2015
Messages
4
Hi there. I built and had this PC for the last 18 months. Yesterday it started presenting the following problem: When I turn it on, it starts (the fans, HD, but not CPU cooler) and resets in 2 seconds, before hitting bios. The restarting loop never ends unless I manually turn PSU off.

I'm thinking that the mobo is probably faulty. I've tried to start it without the ram, but it doesnt seem to make a difference. Could it be the PSU? What should I do?

Config:
CPU: i5-4670K
mobo: Gigabyte Z87 (GA-Z87X-D3H)
ram: Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB (2x4 GB Modules) 1600 MHz
PSU: Corsair 750W
GPU: PNY GTX 770 4gb

Thanks for the help!
 
Hmmm, I had the same problem 2 days ago with my new htpc.
My solution was disconect the PSU from the wall, take off the battery, press for about 15 seconds the power button.
 
Last time I had to deal with that it turned out to be the power switch sticking in place.
 
Back
Top