PC Hound Powers The ASUS Edge Up PC Builder

HardOCP News

[H] News
In case you guys haven't heard, PC Hound now powers the ASUS Edge Up PC Builder. This means that, regardless whether you use PC Hound or the ASUS Edge Up PC Builder, you will get the same great features that allows you find the best prices on computer parts or to build a PC in seconds.

We are looking forward to licensing this technology to others as well.

I'm genuinely surprised that NCIX isn't beating down your door to license PC Hound.

Their current 'PC Builder' is an absolute pig (hasn't been updated since the early 2000s). Doesn't even apply NCIX's OWN discounts, just uses the base price for everything.

I'm genuinely surprised that NCIX isn't beating down your door to license PC Hound.

Their current 'PC Builder' is an absolute pig (hasn't been updated since the early 2000s). Doesn't even apply NCIX's OWN discounts, just uses the base price for everything.
We have not offered the tech to anyone else at this time. Making sure we can crawl before we walk. As for NCIX, they don't even pay us our commissions for months and months, and I got tired of the hassle from last time.

That is bona-fide badass! Congrats Kyle and team - this is yuuuuuge!

That is bona-fide badass! Congrats Kyle and team - this is yuuuuuge!
We stopped focusing on the consumer end of it over a year ago. When you can wake up and literally have your commissions cut by 75%, it is time to find a new business model. That said, all the PCHound tech that we develop for commercial will find its way to end user as well. We fully rebuilt the Hover Hound matching engine, which is the backbone of PCHound, and we have gotten MUCH better at matching product accuracy.

Back