PC Gaming vs. Console Gaming whats your pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slartibartfast said:
Let's keep it civil, people.

I don't understand anybody who is all for one or the other, why can't it be both? :confused:

Can't play Starcraft on a console, can't play Street Fighter on a PC. 'Nuff said.

3zu3rq8.jpg
357ko3p.jpg

Naldo said:
Slartibartfast said:

I don't understand anybody who is all for one or the other, why can't it be both? :confused:

Can't play Starcraft on a console, can't play Street Fighter on a PC. 'Nuff said.
*Starcraft 64 and Street Fighter for PC image snip*

pwned.

lol I should have said "can't play WELL." There's no way I would pay money to play Street Fighter on a keyboard or SC with a controller ;) :p

I forgot my brother actually had that SF2 for the PC. All you had to do on any difficulty was select dahlsim and just use HP and you WIN.

never thought i ever return to console but pc got a lil boring. just got my xbox modded. so yea. :D

Naldo said:

Ok, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Trying to play fighting games on the PC (without a gamepad) has still left me traumatized. The horror.

Slartibartfast said:
lol I should have said "can't play WELL." There's no way I would pay money to play Street Fighter on a keyboard or SC with a controller ;) :p

I forgot my brother actually had that SF2 for the PC. All you had to do on any difficulty was select dahlsim and just use HP and you WIN.

Actually, fighting games on the PC is a lot easier than on the console. Doing combos on the keyboard is as simple as typing your name.

I have winkawaks buttons laid out on QWEASD and i can easily do combos even as a novice. Heck i've got the same layout for ePSXe and i can also easily do Tekken and DOA combos as well, and i'm not even into fighting games.

On the other hand, random button mashing, pervalent on the console and arcade players doesn't work as well on the keyboard so that may be what's giving you a hard time if you're a masher.

Sly said:
Actually, fighting games on the PC is a lot easier than on the console. Doing combos on the keyboard is as simple as typing your name.

I have winkawaks buttons laid out on QWEASD and i can easily do combos even as a novice. Heck i've got the same layout for ePSXe and i can also easily do Tekken and DOA combos as well, and i'm not even into fighting games.

On the other hand, random button mashing, pervalent on the console and arcade players doesn't work as well on the keyboard so that may be what's giving you a hard time if you're a masher.

Well where's the fun in that? :p

Slartibartfast said:

We're just stating the pros of both is all =]

Ever since the LAN scene died out where I live, I switched to consoles. The games on the PC just haven't grabbed my attention as of late. Not to mention that I don't really feel like upgrading my PC.

As far as expense of games, I don't shell out $60 per game anymore. I'll rent it on gamefly, and if I really like it, I will play it till it is cheap enough to buy it used and move onto the next game.

I do game on an HDTV, but it only cost me $400 for a 26" and I have my PC attached to it as well. Using the 360 VGA cable I run at 1360x768 (native LCD resolution) and it works great. There are ups and downs to both, but I find it more fun to sit in front of the TV on my sumo beanbag chair and relax with my wireless controller. When guests come over we play bowling on the Wii for great multiplayer action on a 32" crt TV. I have never had the same experience on a PC that I have had playing the Wii.

PC all the way. If I can have something that does everything, instead of something thats just for games, then its pc.

RedDawn said:
Ever since the LAN scene died out where I live, I switched to consoles. The games on the PC just haven't grabbed my attention as of late. Not to mention that I don't really feel like upgrading my PC.

As far as expense of games, I don't shell out $60 per game anymore. I'll rent it on gamefly, and if I really like it, I will play it till it is cheap enough to buy it used and move onto the next game.

I do game on an HDTV, but it only cost me $400 for a 26" and I have my PC attached to it as well. Using the 360 VGA cable I run at 1360x768 (native LCD resolution) and it works great. There are ups and downs to both, but I find it more fun to sit in front of the TV on my sumo beanbag chair and relax with my wireless controller. When guests come over we play bowling on the Wii for great multiplayer action on a 32" crt TV. I have never had the same experience on a PC that I have had playing the Wii.

Yeah the LAN scene died completely in Bellevue too. LanWerx closed and stuff and I was sad, but I never actually went there, but it was a testament to PC gaming being a good activity.

I do prefer consoles though, I get more enjoyment out of their stories generally.

PC gaming definately.

I sold my gaming pc back in may and then in june bought an xbox 360. i just sold that about 3 weeks ago. Why? Its just not the same as gaming on a pc. Sure some of the games are nice but it doesnt offer to me what the pc does. I cant take my xbox 360 to a lan party where all my friends have a pc and play Age of Empires or Counterstrike. I can't play RTS's at all as a matter of fact. Also I have a huge selection of pc games that im just dying to play again. Not to mention I havent bought a new pc game in the last 2 years so I have a lot to look forward to. All of my friends are just dying to have a LAN party again. God its been way too long since I hosted one of those. I need to get a new PC ASAP. That tax return cant come soon enough :D

I prefer PC gaming over consoles. Because I already have the PC for other reasons, its cost is spread over a number of areas. Consoles are only good for gaming, and are very expensive. Not to mention the cost of each console game.
Being able to use a PC to emulate older consoles is always fun for those who want both...

I'm a "bat from both sides of the plate" kind of guy :eek: (only with games tho.....pervs.)

Xbox 360 for racing/ sports games. I'd rather be chillin in front of the HD tube for a good session of PGR3 or Madden. That and these games are easy to share with friends that come over. Fire up another controller and away you go. My girl is also much more apt to play marble madness on the 360 than to hop into a round of CS with me..........

FPS's and MMORPG's are still PC only for me. Basically, CS and WOW are why I keep a pc in good gaming shape. I couldn't imagine trying to shoot with a gaming controller, and WOW is too deep to not have a keyboard.

Of course I'm 30+, and don't have a ton of time for gaming, so having both avenues open is the best plan for me...

Console all the way. My SLI computer does nothing but collect dust anymore. Generic FPS with different textures #9843 has gotten old.

jflail2 said:
I'm a "bat from both sides of the plate" kind of guy :eek: (only with games tho.....pervs.)

Xbox 360 for racing/ sports games. I'd rather be chillin in front of the HD tube for a good session of PGR3 or Madden. That and these games are easy to share with friends that come over. Fire up another controller and away you go. My girl is also much more apt to play marble madness on the 360 than to hop into a round of CS with me..........

FPS's and MMORPG's are still PC only for me. Basically, CS and WOW are why I keep a pc in good gaming shape. I couldn't imagine trying to shoot with a gaming controller, and WOW is too deep to not have a keyboard.

Of course I'm 30+, and don't have a ton of time for gaming, so having both avenues open is the best plan for me...

you know, most ps2 fps's support keyboard and mouse....

I don't think one is more superior than another. I like both, but when i got my first gaming PC and started playing, my consoles havn't been touched since.

I will say, i cannot play FPS on a console, and i cannot play racing games on a PC. I also don't think i'd be able to play a game like Zelda on a PC, just wouldn't seem right.

pandora's box said:
you know, most ps2 fps's support keyboard and mouse....

Nice. It would be even more nice if the 360 did as well.................................(Ive got more elipses than you...and therefore more emphasis on my1337ness.)

If PC gaming could solve the problems of PC gaming (price, patches, compatibility issues, not able to play old games on a new OS, etc.) no one would even bother with consoles.

That being said, consoles are really the only place to find platformers, which are honestly my favorite genre. (Sonic, Mario, Rayman-also on PC though-Jak & Daxter, etc.)

used to be console gaming in the good old NES/SNES days,but after that era ended its been PC gaming for me,there arent many released console games that keep me intrested for more then 1 hour these days,and since i mainly play MP games,except for a good SP RPG game here and there...a comp fits that better,sure there is the xbox live service that covers that now,but im a mouse+keyboard man.

i like them both, but i am starting to play my pc more than my 360

the only complaint i have about the computer is it doesn't have something like xbox live

jflail2 said:

fuckin' A, 36 here and I know exactly what you mean. What time we get counts big, and trying to play fps games on a console just plain sucks ass, and PGR3 on the 360 just kicks all kinds of ass....

..."both" is the most correct answer. :p

I have been and avid PC gamer . ...but I have an X360 coming this week to expand my gaming horizons to include my sister and her husband that live with me in my house as another thing that we can start doing together ..

PC gaming online is fun .. and tho you "meet" people online .. your still essentially doing it solo , so time for me to climb out of my cubby hole and have fun not only online , but with my family as well ..

..I used to kick the snot out my sisters in Street Fighter II Turbo ...now I'm going to look forward to doing it again in Dead or Alive 4

:)

[F]old|[H]ard

in case you fella's didn't know this, you can use a keyboard and mouse on a 360.

;)

and ps2 light guns and ddr mats and hell the guitar from guitar hero.

ThreeDee said:
PC gaming online is fun .. and tho you "meet" people online .. your still essentially doing it solo , so time for me to climb out of my cubby hole and have fun not only online , but with my family as well..

While I definitely agree that Console gaming is more social, I disagree with the bolded part. Almost every PC game I play online I play with my friends or online friends that I've gotten to know through the years. Then there's the clan part of online gaming, which also brings people together online.

GbrilliantQ said:
in case you fella's didn't know this, you can use a keyboard and mouse on a 360.

Yeah...but you have to buy an adapter that costs $80. I just don't see Mouse+Keyboard working on the 360 unless MS officially supports it and force the developers to use them.

GbrilliantQ said:

Ahhhh, but can you use it to control an FPS character, like GoW?

since no one has mentioned this yet, i figured out i'd point it out:
arguing about the price differences here is futile. sure, a low-end gaming pc costs more than one console, but most serious console gamers end up buying every available console at some point. in this situation, that would be ps3 ($600) + xbox 360 ($400) + wii ($250) = $1,250. well looky here, thats enough for a decent low-end gaming pc. that being said, both is definitely the way to go. madden and need for speed are better on consoles, and counterstrike and oblivion are better on pcs.

I'll never go back to console gaming. As it's been said before many times, a PC can do so many things. Edit some movies/photos, play some music, rip a movie. Consoles just don't have a place in my world anymore. Plus, I hate controllers and makes me feel 10 years old for some reason.

As it's been said before many times, a PC can do so many things. Edit some movies/photos, play some music, rip a movie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

of course they can :rolleyes: People use PC's for basically everything, who in their right mind would buy a console thinking they are going to be doing those things you mentioned above. Remember PC's are not gaming machines. They are machines that can do everything, and quite frankly the majority of PC owners buy them with the main intent not being to play games. Consoles on the other hands are simple gaming devices. I mean this is comparing apples to Oranges. Anyways I have both and are fortunate enough to game on any one I please. But for the past 6 monthes I've been doing most of my gaming on a 360.

As it's been said before many times, a PC can do so many things. Edit some movies/photos, play some music, rip a movie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

of course they can :rolleyes: People use PC's for basically everything, who in their right mind would buy a console thinking they are going to be doing those things you mentioned above. Remember PC's are not gaming machines. They are machines that can do everything, and quite frankly the majority of PC owners buy them with the main intent not being to play games. Consoles on the other hands are simple gaming devices. I mean this is comparing apples to Oranges. Anyways I have both and are fortunate enough to game on any one I please. But for the past 6 monthes I've been doing most of my gaming on a 360.

My comment=retarded:rolleyes: Must be the flu I haven't shaken for a week now. It really is a orange/apple comparison and I didn't mean to flame consoles. Personally though, I prefer Fps/Rts/Rpg/Mmorpg type games so the choice for me is for the pc in the gaming dept. I had a 360 last year but sold it, it just wasn't for me. For the record, most people who buy computers might not be into the games. However, I spend thousands to insure I have a good time in that respect ;) Take it easy.

I could never play WoW on a Xbox 360.

Yet I would never play Madden 07' or NFS Carbon on a computer.

You need both to play the variety of games in my opinion.

I will always like both.

car racing games/sims = console FTW

Are you kidding me? The words "console" and "racing simulation" do not belong in the same sentence. Project Gotham, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed....racing simulations? A console is miles away from PC's in this genre of gaming.

Are you kidding me? The words "console" and "racing simulation" do not belong in the same sentence. Project Gotham, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed....racing simulations? A console is miles away from PC's in this genre of gaming.

True. Gameplay for actual simulators are too slow and difficult for the average console user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back