• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PC Gaming and Big Screen TV's

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
4,521
I know that for cosnoles the big screen TV's work. But how well for PC's? Especially gaming?


I'm debating on a widescreen setup. I've tried looking but have had no success finding much info. I've gone to a few places but everyone speaks of lcd WS monitors in the 20" range.

I'd like to get a widey but at least in the 30"s.

I'm figuring they have DVI ports and some even have HDMI so pc usage/gaming works? What is the quality and can u even do it?

I currently watch movies on a reg TV using the VIVO component from the video card and it looks pretty good... just never been able to play that way... but I'm figuring if the TV has DVI ports... it should be fine?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a new pc gamer and I've alwasy played on consoles and big tv's 36" being smallest and having a hard time transitioning to a 19" LCD.

Thanks
 
i hooked my pc up to my friends 52" Sony hdtv it looked ok from about 10 feet away but i really didnt like it that much .... and i hate having low res i <3 1600x1200
 
Yeah, I have dabled with a TV also and was not impressed with the video quality. You just dont get the same pixel density as a pc monitor.

1366x768 @ 32" does not look good IMO.
 
using a DVI cable, the video card would just see it as a HDTV or a DFP... It looks good, nothing like playing quake4 or HL2 on a large screen. I connect my PC on my projector (1280x720 res), but at 90 Inches, its like WOW... I would look into a projector if you can, movies and PC look great!
 
2 no, 2 yes... hmm

Anywhere I can get good info.

I'm not looking to spend a lot. I just need something for now. Surfing, movies and some PC gaming. Not looking to spend much more than 1k.

I'm looking at the resolutions and they don't go that high.

i can't do projection now. Just looking for a couple years fill in.

2 up 2 down... help!!! lol
 
Look around at avsforum.com for more input (it's an audio/video enthusiast forum).
 
Back
Top