PC games of 08

No way Dragon Age is 2008, espicially since Bioware just confirmed they are developing Jade Empire 2 for the 360, and smart money says they are also working on Mass Effect 2.

Bioware has all but forgotten the PC, espicially in terms of PC exclusives.

Looks like a shitty year for PC RPG's going by that list.. at least we got The Witcher and NWN 2 Mask of the Betrayer in 07.

Sadly, all the multiplatform stuff looks like the best shit on that list, the only advantage to having a PC seems to be slightly better graphics and better multiplayer.

The best part is seeing they are making a second Divine Divinity, but seeing that it's multiplatform it will be nowhere near as good as the old one.

That was posted in May of 07. I wonder how many of those titles are now cancelled.

I'm looking forward to Fallout 3, but I'm surprised that it's listed under the "multi-platform" category.

I'm looking forward to Fallout 3, but I'm surprised that it's listed under the "multi-platform" category.

Fallout 3 is supposed to come out to PC, XBOX360 and PS3 day one when released IIRC.

Now for what's comming the ones I'll be getting for sure are Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and GTAIV (if and when it gets out for PC).

Also I must idmit to considering a XBOX360 if for nothing else than the posibillity of playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. If I follow down this trail Fable 2 is certainly on my list too...

Cant open that link at work.. anyone care to post the list?

First of all it's outdated, many games are already released and some have been pushed back pretty far, others I've never heard of.

Can't really copy-paste the list because it's full of pictures for every game

yea that list is pretty old but guild wars 2? umm sounds tasty

That was announced ages ago. Eye of the North was something to keep current players happy. To me, I have had a ton of fun playing GW at it's release, the fun slowly but surely went outa the box as they have failed with Factions expansion. With games like WoW offering so much mroe, there was no room for GW. In reality, GW had a great start, it could have taken off to comepete, but it didn't. To me, it's a mediocre game at best. The fact that you have to load between areas, no crafting, no armor damage, very little armor selection, identical weapons, etc...kills the game. And on top of that, you can't jump??? You have to walk in the corridors most of the game.... THey did get the most out of the dated engine with Eye Of The North, I think that some developers should really learn from such sucess. I currently play LOTRO and could not be happier, if GW2 takes a whole new approach at the game, keeping the strengths that they did posess in original GW, I think I may be very well excited about it then, but not right now.

The adventure games got me excited. Hopefully this year they can make a come back.

But that list is pretty lame, like said earlier, the multiplatform list is more exciting. ;):D

I'm really looking forward to Starcraft 2, Empire: Total war, and Left 4 Dead. I hope they don't get put off any longer...

PC games are dead to me. I'm buying a PS3 the second I can. The only games I'm interested in for PC are farcry 2, guildwars 2, battlefield 3(if the rumor is true). Farcry 2 will last what like 10 hours of gameplay at the most?:(

Consoles seem more appealing to me with every PC game that comes out that sucks. I love playing warhawk on my brothers PS3 its fantastic.

PC games are dead to me. I'm buying a PS3 the second I can. The only games I'm interested in for PC are farcry 2, guildwars 2, battlefield 3(if the rumor is true). Farcry 2 will last what like 10 hours of gameplay at the most?:(

Consoles seem more appealing to me with every PC game that comes out that sucks. I love playing warhawk on my brothers PS3 its fantastic.

more like console games aread to me haha

I think the worst part is, looking at a list of games coming out for consoles OR pc, it is just more of the same... with perhaps better graphics. I am disappointed.

Bioware has all but forgotten the PC, espicially in terms of PC exclusives.

Blame Microsoft for that.

I doubt Society is coming out 2008. Last time I heard Stardock put that on the back burner and their turn based fantasy strategy game (Not Master of Magic) was given first priority.

WOW just wow Im excited.
2 games stuck out for me that I've never heard of until this thread:

Huxley MMO fps game

Lonewolf: Flight from the Dark (read the book series over 10 years ago)

lol so wheres duke forever in this list? (sarcasm)... But seriously though what if it actually came out this year.

This list certainly leaves plenty to be excited about... but a few of them stick out in particular.

SC2 (of course.)
JA3 (i had no idea this was in development)
Natural Selection Sequal (or this)
Alien Swarm: Infested (I've been waiting for this since it's humble beginnings)
Savage 2: A tortured Soul (Another game I've been waiting for for quite awhile)
Fallout 3 (which is, IMO, more of a given than SC2)
Blood Bowl (simply because I played the table-top. who knows, could be good?)
Assassin's Creed
Left 4 Dead (lot's of modding opportunities)
Postal 3 (last, and least, but hey... it's nostalgic)

And I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit excited for Gish 2 :)

I'm pretty sure Sony picked up the game Heavy Rain, and that it is going to be a PS3 exclusive. Lets hope MS doesn't steal the rest for the 360.

First game of 2008 I will buy is CC3 Kane's Wrath.

Other games I'm interested in are Starcraft 2 and Tom Clancy's End War which are looking very appealing as I like more RTS based games on the PC than anything. I will have to see how the year goes, I just hope there are a lot more RTS games released than last year.

Nobody is excited about dragonball online!?!?! Shit I know imma get it!:D And warhammer, looks like imma have to get into mmo gaming.

I fail to see why you need to thread crap, if you don't like PC games, DONT POST in a pc game thread. What's wrong with you? Go to the console forum and be happy then, and leave the PC gaming enthusiasts to enjoy their discussion.

I fail to see why you need to thread crap, if you don't like PC games, DONT POST in a pc game thread. What's wrong with you? Go to the console forum and be happy then, and leave the PC gaming enthusiasts to enjoy their discussion.

AGREED. TOTALY POINTLESS

I am sad that there will not be any of the RTS games such as AOE3 :(

Total War, that game with the ships, is that going to come out still? I looked around and somebody said it was cancelled :( Naval Battle game would have been cool.

I am a PC gaming enthusiast. The last console I owned was a PS1 and have been PC gaming for probably 8 years now. I did mention what PC games I'm looking forward to. What did you do productive for the thread, other then calling my post crap?

AGREED. TOTALY POINTLESS
And your post classifies as....?:confused:

I am a PC gaming enthusiast. The last console I owned was a PS1 and have been PC gaming for probably 8 years now. I did mention what PC games I'm looking forward to. What did you do productive for the thread, other then calling my post crap?

And your post classifies as....?:confused:

People just get tired of hearing about PC Gaming being Dead, when its actually not quite as dead as you would like to believe. Most PC Gamers left consoles back in the day. My last console was the N64, I started getting into PC Games the year of Quake 2 and Total Annihilation.

There are 2 huge gametypes with PC Games RTS and RPG, I hope these 2 genre's can become more popular than the ever so saturated FPS genre.

People just get tired of hearing about PC Gaming being Dead, when its actually not quite as dead as you would like to believe. Most PC Gamers left consoles back in the day. My last console was the N64, I started getting into PC Games the year of Quake 2 and Total Annihilation.

There are 2 huge gametypes with PC Games RTS and RPG, I hope these 2 genre's can become more popular than the ever so saturated FPS genre.

I'm not saying its "dead". Its just dead to me because I'm tired of PC gaming and I think the quality of PC games has decreased over the past years.

Anyway I'm not here to say PC games suck console games own because thats not a fact. I just mentioned that because its the way I have been feeling.

Happy new year.

Your just getting Nogtalgic :p - Back in my day....

I'm looking forward too Starcraft and the new Warcraft expansion pack, Empire Total War and X4/an X3 expansion pack.

Assassins Creed on the PC should be pretty sweet too.

KATAMARI ONLINE?!!
HOLY MOLY SHIT! Where did that come from?!

Noone is excited that ALICE is getting a sequal? COME ON PEOPLE!

Alan Wake made me laugh. 2008.... yeah.... riiiiiiight.

Back