PC games for kids around 6 years old?

madinjeck

n00b
I have a nephew who is around 6 years old and likes to play PC games. Last time I downloaded disney Cars Radiator Springs PC game which he enjoyed and was wondering any other PC game that you could recommend me that would be suitable for kids around his age?

Last edited:
I would think most of that's pretty advanced for a six year old.

6 year olds must be pretty dumb these days. I recommended it because theres no realistic physics or anything, you jump tons of ramps and goofy loops. No penalties for crashing either.

Last edited:
Trackmania is a great suggestion. Minecraft is cool cause of it's open endedness (that's a word :)) If he likes platformers you can check out Super Mario Bros. X which I believe is still being developed but is pretty awesome.

magic school bus the video game + tv show

Taught me nothing, but more than I'm willing to admit.

Either Oregon Trail, Number Munchers, or Otter Lake!

Lol, Oregon Trail FTW! That actually WAS a pc game I played when I was around that age (though, technically I think it was on an apple)... we had a copy of it at my school and we would get to play some times.

As far as modern games go, I'm not sure. It's not exactly in my wheelhouse. I played mostly nes platformers at that age, and the afore mentioned Oregon Trail. I'm not really sure what the modern equivalent of that would be. Here's a list you may want to check out though. They probably have a better idea of what to recommend than anyone here.

I was playing Doom at age 6. Always good to start with the classics!

Free Realms

Just be prepared to drop a few $ to get a dragon or something for the character to ride around on. I have a 5, 7, and 9 year old around my house that all love it.

Trackmania pretty damn frustrating for kids. They have fun with it for a couple minutes then they realize the game is hard as shit if they want to do well or unlock anything. But hey if young kids are OK with failing 17,000 times in a row, the game is great!

Last edited:
I would think most of that's pretty advanced for a six year old.

Oh I wouldn't say that...

not-too-young-for-trackmania-1.jpg

not-too-young-for-trackmania-2.jpg

Parent fail... he's using the arrow keys :)
Lol, I have a friend of mine that uses the arrow key also. He's 43 years old, it's what he has always used and won't try the WSAD keys at all.

Another vote for TrackMania Nations.

Portal
Bookworm Adventures
Peggle
Any racing game available for the PC.

Last edited:
Lol, I have a friend of mine that uses the arrow key also. He's 43 years old, it's what he has always used and won't try the WSAD keys at all.

Another vote for TrackMania Nations.

I still use the arrow keys for trackmania :(
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Oh I wouldn't say that...

I played the game online one weekend four years ago, and people were complaining that the tracks were too hard...

Guess I was playing with the wrong people... (I can beat a lot of Nando's times after a few weeks of practice, but apparently the people I played with lacked that skill...)

Still have some doubts that a six-year-old's eye/hand coordination is good enough to be good at the game, especially since the physics are pretty wonky... If you're just screwing around, most of those tracks you won't complete due to having to be almost perfect to do some jumps, etc... Not meant just for having fun...

TDU would be interesting, though... Kid could learn how to drive at a very young age...

With Trackmania you could make your own easy fun maps for him - lots of big easy jumps, etc.

My daughter was 7 and playing Bordorlands on LAN with me. Now she's 8 and her level 69 siren is killing everything on sight. And she's better then 80% of the loosers I played with online. :)

Never underestimate those kids.

My four year old loves Plants vs. Zombies, Zombie Bowl O Rama, Torchlight, COD:MW2, Club Penguin, Space Invaders, and most Wii games. I second most PopCap games, they
're really kid friendly, and also good games that don't suck like most child-oriented games.

Maybe get a subscription to pogo.com or some other flash game site?

I don't know if it's free or pay per month but a 5-6 year old will have a field day there. I occasionally watch a 5 year old play a bunch of games there.

seeing as how hes a youngin and probably wont care about quality. id suggest midtown madness 2(fun jumping cars off the San Fransisco hills and crashing buses into cars), monster truck madness 2 (my little cousin loved this game), monster jam (came out last year i think).

seeing as how hes a youngin and probably wont care about quality. id suggest midtown madness 2(fun jumping cars off the San Fransisco hills and crashing buses into cars), monster truck madness 2 (my little cousin loved this game), monster jam (came out last year i think).

Some of the funnest games I ever played had very crappy graphics by today's standards.

Some of the funnest games I ever played had very crappy graphics by today's standards.

yep completely agree. motorcross madness 1 and 2 were by far the funnest games i ever played as a kid but would probably be to frustrating for a 6 year old to try and do the stunts. tried to get my little cousin into em but he cant handle all the crashing every time he tried a stunt.

Back