PC Gamer Far Cry 2 Review

I think the most exciting thing about this game is going to be the lack of gay monsters and Aliens.

Why do people freak about DRM when you can install 3 times (seriously, how many times are you going to play the damn game) and when those are out, a quick call will grant you more. Doesnt seem so bad to me.

Why do people freak about DRM when you can install 3 times (seriously, how many times are you going to play the damn game) and when those are out, a quick call will grant you more. Doesnt seem so bad to me.

I reinstall Vista about twice a year. I can activate over the internet each time. I have about a dozen games I load up each formatting of Vista, so if each of those had this BS DRM, I'd be spending hours on the phone getting my games activated. I installed the original Crysis probably 5 times so far for one reason or another. I've gotten to the point where I'll use a no DVD/activation crack on a purchased game if its going to include this shit. If I want to sell it later, it'll have all the installs necessary, and EA can eat a cock. I will not wait longer than the installation time just to play a game. If the company supplying the good wants to punish the consumer, then its the consumer's duty to punish them back and stand their ground.

Instead of just hurting those who bought the game, why not spend a little effort finding ways to prevent cracks from working? If Crytek, for instance, can make nearly photo realistic graphics, then why can't they stop some college graduate programmer from breaking their securom scheme in 5 minutes without hurting the consumer?

the magazine screens were taken down from that link. =/
anyone else have a mirror? I really can't wait for this game!

It's the fact that these greedy, cocksucking companies don't want you to resell YOUR game after you are done with it.

They don't give a fuck about piracy, because they know they can't stop it. They just want to make it a little harder so your average joe blow doesn't do it.

This 3 limit install is perfect for them. They get to use it under the guise of combating piracy, but it's really just another way to screw a legitimate buyer.

Large companies all need to die and everything needs to start over. Where is Tyler Durden when you need him? lol

Why the fuck is another game's DRM being discussed in the Far Cry 2 thread? Is Far Cry 2 suddenly being published by EA?

Quick! One of you tell me whats the confirmed DRM on Far Cry 2!

I really enjoy the gameplay shots on youtube. The gernades effects look friggin awesome and realistic.

Can't wait!

Why the fuck is another game's DRM being discussed in the Far Cry 2 thread? Is Far Cry 2 suddenly being published by EA?

Quick! One of you tell me whats the confirmed DRM on Far Cry 2!

it was just a question. there is not stopping ubi soft for using the same DRM shit that EA uses. EA looks as if ALL there games will have The DRM so whats stopping others jumping the bandwagon.

i have a feeling all pc games coming out from end of next year will have DRM that EA uses and that will be the final nail in the coffin for pc gaming

It's the fact that these greedy, cocksucking companies don't want you to resell YOUR game after you are done with it.

They don't give a fuck about piracy, because they know they can't stop it. They just want to make it a little harder so your average joe blow doesn't do it.

This 3 limit install is perfect for them. They get to use it under the guise of combating piracy, but it's really just another way to screw a legitimate buyer.

... and don't forget that Hoover was abducted by aliens in league with the government...

Kewl!!! I quit reading after page 1 so I don't spoil any surprises. :)

lol. HL2 taught me never to make that mistake again. watched so many vids and looked at every screen shot.......kinda spoils a suspensful release.

that said..........cannot wait for this!!!!!!! im hoping its kind of a more tactical, prettier, refined merc2

^^ Slap it on the ass and run like hell thru the village detonating it behind you? :)

Back