Hey HardOCP can you help me figure out what is wrong with my comp?
The other day the power went out at my place. After it came back on I started up my desktop PC and after about 5 minutes it froze up and I got some noise feedback through my speakers. Now I thought maybe my Power supply went bad so I just bought a new one and installed it. Thing is same thing is happening. It may take just 1 minute after start up or 50 minutes, but eventually it always freezes even if I just let it sit idle. It has only happened a couple times where it wont boot at all. So long story short what do you think is the most likely culprit of this problem? Any testing tools/software that may lead me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.
Also if this is the wrong forum, I apologize.
The other day the power went out at my place. After it came back on I started up my desktop PC and after about 5 minutes it froze up and I got some noise feedback through my speakers. Now I thought maybe my Power supply went bad so I just bought a new one and installed it. Thing is same thing is happening. It may take just 1 minute after start up or 50 minutes, but eventually it always freezes even if I just let it sit idle. It has only happened a couple times where it wont boot at all. So long story short what do you think is the most likely culprit of this problem? Any testing tools/software that may lead me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.
Also if this is the wrong forum, I apologize.