PC Case Fan Comparison Chart

I compiled a list of silent case fans to help with my new pc build and thought I would share. This information was taken directly from the manufacture's website so for a real world comparison please check out video reviews online.

Fan Comparison Chart.jpg

So are these the only fans you compared, or did the rest of the list get cut off at the bottom ?

Also do you have this info in a spreadsheet or word table that you could post for sharing ? This would make it easier to work with, sort, add/delete info etc :)

I did compare other fans but they didn't make it to my list as I was only adding fans under 30 dB/A that I thought to be of good performance. I could easily make an excel spreadsheet but not sure when I'll get the time to make it. Of course if you have any suggestion please share!

My conclusion has been that for 140mm fans, EK Vardar and Noiseblocker NBeLoop (29mm thickness) turn in the best measured results. I base this mostly on Blacknoise NB-eLoop B14-PS and B14-3 140mm fans

For me, the EK Vardar F1 (1150 RPM) and NBeLoop B14-PS (max 1200 RPM) are the standout performers - using motherboard fan control to silence them further at idle. In my experience, above about 1300 RPM at 140mm size is already annoying on the Thermalright TY-140 fans, which are supposed to be among the better performers.

I'll probably be trying them out within the next few months.

EK Vardar has been cheapest from EK and performance-pcs (closer to $20)
Not sure about NBeLoop's... they're a bit more expensive, closer to $30

Corsair ML120 Pro 120 mm Fan - I did notice his review of the new 120mm Corsair MagLev fans ($25) though - looks like a new performance leader at high-RPM at 120mm size. He mentions that it has no noticeable bearing noise, which is not surprising. He comments also that he likes the NBeLoop fans for that reason, in contrast to the ball-bearing (good for longevity though) noise he notices at lower RPMs on the GT / EK Vardar fans.

It is mentioned that the twin-pack of older Corsair SP-120 fans for the same $25 is a pretty good deal... damnit... I guess it is.

He will be testing the 140mm Corsair ML fans soon. I'll wait for that... I hope the tests include medium / low RPM.

Last edited:
So are these the only fans you compared, or did the rest of the list get cut off at the bottom ?

Also do you have this info in a spreadsheet or word table that you could post for sharing ? This would make it easier to work with, sort, add/delete info etc :)

I made this into an excel file so feel free to edit and add to it. If you do please share!
I can't upload it here but I posted it here http://www.overclock.net/attachments/43303

What are the best 120mm case fans for high air flow + quiet?

I made this into an excel file so feel free to edit and add to it. If you do please share!
I can't upload it here but I posted it here http://www.overclock.net/attachments/43303

What are the best 120mm case fans for high air flow + quiet?
My first choice for 120mm would be Sanyo Denki quiet series. I prefer the low speed one (1500 RPM) for best balance between performance and noise, but the higher speed medium (1850 RPM) is decent also.

My second choice would be the Scythe Gentle Typhoon. 13 (1150 RPM) and 14 (1450 RPM) both seem to have decent balance (13 is quieter, 14 better performance). Slower than the 13 seem to lose too much performance. 15 (1850 RPM) is also decent at higher performance, but a bit noisy for me.

Back