PC can't get into BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh21

2[H]4U
I have a problem getting into the bios and booting into window. As of a week ago when I power on the PC I was unable to boot into windows. I try to get into the BIOS and no luck. The splash screen would load up with the keyboard keys to log into the bios - Example - Del to go to BIOS, F12 to change Boot Device. The keyboard lit up so I know it is receiving power.

I remove the following hardware to test if they is defect-
(2) Stick of ram
All HD
DVD Drive
All USB Device

and only left the following connected - Keyboard ,Video Card and (2) stick of ram. I also reset the the BIOS.

I change the following parts so far
Motherboard
Ram
Keyboard (I have a spare PS2 keyboard)
Mouse
Hard Drive

System Spec:
Keyboard: Wired USB Logitech illuminated
CPU Cooler - H100
CPU -Intel 3930k
Motherboard: Gigabyte X79 UD3
Ram: (4) G Skill 4 GB
Video Card: (2) EVGA 780 ACX
HD1: SanDisk Extreme 480gb SSD
HD2: 750 GB
HD3: 2 TB
HD4: 1 TB
PSU: Corsair HX850
Case: Corsair 600T

Let me know if I miss any step. All help is appreciated.

Problem fixed.

Last edited:
Try removing your usb and mouse/keyboard devices as sometimes that won't allow you to post, it could also just mean the mobo is dead or it could be your cpu and if that's the case well.. you may have to contact intel or amd depending on what your cpu is to see if you can get a replacement.

Try removing your usb and mouse/keyboard devices as sometimes that won't allow you to post, it could also just mean the mobo is dead or it could be your cpu and if that's the case well.. you may have to contact intel or amd depending on what your cpu is to see if you can get a replacement.

I remove mouse and keyboard. I also change the motherboard with the exact model. Only thing left for me to change is the PSU and CPU.

I finally fixed the problem - I had could not use a 780 GTX to boot into the bios. I pick up a 8400 gs to boot into bios and update it to the latest version.

I was able to boot go into the bios with a 680 , 7970 and 690.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back