PC builders guide for dumbies.

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys. I should have all parts in my house by this Friday and be ready to slap my new rig together by this weekend. This is going to be my first build and i'm pretty much flying by the seat of my pants. I've been visiting here for awhile and am thankful for all of the help that i've recieved but now it's time to do the do. :cool:

What i'm pretty much asking is that someone give me a step by step guide in which the build should go. No I don't need to be told to open the mobo box and remove the mobo from the box....... :p

I just pretty much need advice on what order the process should go. Do I mount the mobo in the case first? Processor on mobo first? How much thermal paste do I use and in which way do I apply it?

I'm not so much worried about installing software etc. as I know this is going to be a headache unto itself but atleast i'm not going to be in danger of actually physically damaging a component (i dont think :confused: ).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm totally psyced. eeyeeeaaa! what? ohhhkaayyy!!!

http://www.mechbgon.com/
There is a pretty good guide that should help you there. If you have a friend who is good with computers or has built one before if they can be there and help you through it that is very nice. I had a very knowledgable friend help me with my first build and it went smoothly because of it and I learned alot. Hope it goes well for you, good luck! :cool:

Computers today are quite newbie friendly actually. I built my first about 6months ago and have built at least 5 since, it's fun stuff...sort of. Just make sure you avoid stupid mistakes unlike me who forgot to mount the mobo the first build I ever did. Modern processors literally fall into place, they mean zero insertion force :p . Other than that, it doesn't much matter in what order you do it. I mean there are ways that make it easier, just look at your motherboard layout and see, sometimes I find it easier to put the hdds and optical drives in first, sometimes I don't...look at the case and mobo, make a gameplan and go for it.

Back