PlaneCrazy
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 7, 2004
- Messages
- 501
The system: Asus A8N SLI (regular), EVGA 7800GT, 2x512mb Crucial Ballistic PC3200, 2xIDE hard drives, Athlon 3700+ SanDiego, Antec True480w PSU, few case fans.
The first 3 hours were troubleshooting MoBo grounding issues.. The next whatever hours were trying to install windows one two totally different HD's.
It would Blue screen eveytime. Some blues would be "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION", other times it would say that the HD had a virus - which isn't true.
So, I'd format again, and try again.
A couple times it started installing windows. I'd name the machine, the workgroup, the time/date, then it would go some more, and blue screen and reset.
Still haven't gotten it to recognize both hard drives, just one at a time. I figured I'll tackle that after I get windows in.
Maybe I have a bad CD. I'm trying to get a new one with SP2 slipstreamed for tonight's battle. But then again that bluescreen is usually a hardware issue. I'll try pulling one stick of RAM out and see what happens. I don't have a PCIE vid card I can swap in either to see if that's it. Or maybe I can try installing from a different CD drive.. I dunno. I guess I can re-seat the CPU/HSF too.
Any other ideas? They'd be greatly appreciated. I just want to play BF2 with my buddies tonight!
The first 3 hours were troubleshooting MoBo grounding issues.. The next whatever hours were trying to install windows one two totally different HD's.
It would Blue screen eveytime. Some blues would be "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION", other times it would say that the HD had a virus - which isn't true.
So, I'd format again, and try again.
A couple times it started installing windows. I'd name the machine, the workgroup, the time/date, then it would go some more, and blue screen and reset.
Still haven't gotten it to recognize both hard drives, just one at a time. I figured I'll tackle that after I get windows in.
Maybe I have a bad CD. I'm trying to get a new one with SP2 slipstreamed for tonight's battle. But then again that bluescreen is usually a hardware issue. I'll try pulling one stick of RAM out and see what happens. I don't have a PCIE vid card I can swap in either to see if that's it. Or maybe I can try installing from a different CD drive.. I dunno. I guess I can re-seat the CPU/HSF too.
Any other ideas? They'd be greatly appreciated. I just want to play BF2 with my buddies tonight!