PC Audio Problem

tarxsix

n00b
Hello,

It's been a wile now that I have been having what I think are audio problems on my PC.
When my computer is sending out a audio single, the system would freeze or go to a gray screen (no error code/message) and then from the speakers I would hear a loud buzzing sound. This would not stop until I hard boot the system. This would happen wile I was playing: music, videos, games or even on a web page with sound. I've had Windows XP, Vista and currently 7 on the system, they all had the problem.

I have a EVGA 790i Ultra board. I use the on-board audio and just read a few post around the net that nVidia on-board sound has issues. Do you think it's the nVidia sound causing the issue?

I have a old SB Audigy Gamer in a older PC that I can move to this PC. Would it be good enough for Win7 64bit?

Regards,
Tar.

Last edited:
The Audigy did not help. But it seems it was not a sound problem. After still having the problem I could only think that it was a stability issue. I was able to fix it by increasing the volts to my CPU and FSB.

Back