PC Arcade style Racers

Kelter

Limp Gawd
Recently picked up a Thrustmaster TS-XW since my daughter loves those racing games at the arcades. I also picked up Dirt Rally, F1 2017 (both cheap on humble bundle right now), and Forza Horizon 3. Dirt and F1 were way too sim like and just not something a 4 year old would have fun with. FH3 apparently doesn't have out of the box support for the newer wheels, so I had to use emuwheel to get it to work, but the game is still a little too sim like albeit more forgiving as an open world driver.

I saw one game Onrush which looked like it had promise, but sounds like it's not going to make it's way to PC... which leaves Wreckfest, although seeing some pretty mixed reviews on that.

Question is, anyone know of any good arcade style racers that work well with newer racing wheels... in particular the TS-XW?

Wreckfest is really fun, but a bit lacking. Their physics are amazing.

If you want Arcade, get The Crew. I liked the first one for what it was, the second just came out.

If I had a wheel I'd go straight to Project Cars though.

Thanks, I'll give the Crew 2 another look at. I was looking at it for a bit and saw that it had bikes and planes which don't really fit in with using a wheel... watched a quick youtube video just now and does look like it could be quite fun with the wheel with the cars though.

Dirt 4 is more arcade, there's also WRC6 (not a fan of 7 too much sim), and I'll just add another for wreckfest :)
Project cars felt more sim then arcade to me.

I'd wait for a sale for these:

It isn't racing, but spintires MR has wheel support :) (list)

I don't have a clue about support for TS-XW, is it an xinput device?

Back