• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

pc-360 windows media center ?

kinson

Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
772
Anyone here use WMC to connect to their xbox 360? I can not get my pc nor the 360 to locate each other on the network, running straight to a 40+ port switch, switch runs to router. Since both are running straight to the switch the router should not play in this, but I do have a home network setup, domain everything.

I can't really find any information on this except for stuff in lamen terms for people who don't really have home networks. I had it connect to an old pc a long time ago using that crappy zune software, and it was trash, wanna try with my semi somewhat HTPC just for fun.

I am running Vista Ultimate.

Thanks
 
I did, and it did nothing. It actually for some reason keeps killing itself.
 
I thought that WMC was discontinued after WMP 11? You may want to try updating to that. Also check firewall settings. What firewall are you running? I don't have it in front of me but there are some ports (one of them is 1900) that you have to open in order for the 360 to see the pc. I had a lot of difficulty getting that to work until I found the documentation on it.

Also, if you have it connected to something else, disconnect it and try again. Apparently the 360 can only connect to one at a time.

I'll try and find those ports when I get home if I get a chance but I'd recommend to check out the xbox.com/live website as I think it's on there somewhere.
 
are you trying to do MCE or just share music and photos? Its two different things. You need to add the 360 as an extender if you want to do MCE. If you want to just do music, turn on sharing in WMP11 and add some folders.Then connect to the pc in the media blade. You should see them if the firewall is setup right.

I use MCE 2005 and the 360 daily and tversity for music on the 360.
 
screw it. Most of my audio files aren't even supported by WMP, I just wanted to goof around and see what all I could do with it. Maybe another day when the codecs are all good and ready.
 
Back
Top