Pause folding@home/distributed.net when away from computer?

CefiroZ

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
218
This may sound like a weird question, but I am curious as to if there is a way to pause folding@home and/or distributed.net when I am not at my computer. I like "helping humanity" through these programs, but I also don't like my computer sucking up electricity all the time. So, I was wondering if there is a way to get those programs to run while I am actively on the computer but to pause or suspend when I am not using it (say when a screensaver would kick on). Can it be done and, if so, how?
 
I think u are thinking backwards...usually people want it running when they r away and not while working...either way...let us know which client u r using and we can help :)
 
If you are running F@H as a service you can write a batch file that stops the service, then another batch file that starts the service. Someone who reads this must have them easily on hand.

 
If you're leaving your computer on all the time anyway, you aren't using much more electricity when it's folding.

 
Back
Top