Patriot Viper 4 8GB DDR4 3400MHz Memory Kit

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Neoseeker rubbed a few sticks of Patriot's Viper 4 8GB DDR4 3400MHz memory together to see what it would do. Here's a snippet from the overclocking portion of the review that I think many of you may find interesting:

While the stock clocks delivered great performance as is, I was not expecting much in terms of overclocking potential from highly binned modules already rated at 3400MHz. I still managed to squeeze an extra 336MHz out of the kit on hand, with slightly looser timings than the manufacturer XMP 2.0 3400MHz profile. The modules I was working with achieved a stable 3736MHz overclock with 17-19-19-40 timings, although with a considerable voltage increase in the range of 1.5v.

Patriot RAM is my personal favorite. Been installing them in client builds for years and years and never had a failure.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
I have Patriot DDR4-3000 in my Asus Z170 Pro Gamer board... they don't get along. I have to run at default 2133 or otherwise it crashes all the time, won't reboot, etc. I have spent hours screwing with voltage settings etc to try to get it to run at 3000.... either the memory sucks or the board does. Enabling XMP is the path to misery. :(

But I've used plenty of Patriot ram in the past, and their customer support is pretty good. They have replaced broken USB and SD / MicroSD cards for me without much hassle.

I love my Patriot ram and will put it in my next system. I used to use OCZ ram when they first started making killer stuff then went to Patriot, awesome product and good review.

Back