Patriot Pyro SATA III 60 GB $30!!!!!!!

Wow, so 50 cents/GB has (finally) officially been achieved, apparently.

I'm sure that was sarcastic.

But it'll be nice once HDD prices drop back down to 2.5/cents a GB.

Oh it sure was, ahaha. 2.5 cents a GB would be $25.60 for a tb. I would like that. Ahahaha.

Oh it sure was, ahaha. 2.5 cents a GB would be $25.60 for a tb. I would like that. Ahahaha.

Smart guy ^^^. When I read this I was thinking 1 TB = 1,000 GB, but you did the Gibibytes calculation that hard drives actually come in.

Touche, good sir. :)

Haha I think I got confused hard drives actually do come in 1,000 GB, that's why when you install your OS you get about 7% less space after formatting, because the hard drive is GB is smaller than the OS GB. Never mind LOL.

This news post from TPU shows SSD prices are on the decline, maybe not to below HDDs, but it bodes well for us.

Nice chart. Shame on Intel for overpriced SSDs. I hope the market teaches them a lesson. :D

Also, some of their pricing is too high. For example, it said 256 GB version of Samsung 830 is $1.5x/GB. I've seen them for under a dollar/GB already. :cool:

I'm still waiting for bluray drives to get into the dvd drive price range. :)
60gb ssd for 30 bucks is a steal! in this day and age.

Nice chart. Shame on Intel for overpriced SSDs. I hope the market teaches them a lesson. :D

Also, some of their pricing is too high. For example, it said 256 GB version of Samsung 830 is $1.5x/GB. I've seen them for under a dollar/GB already. :cool:

That's true... for my 830s I pad $1.18/gig in March and $0.98/gig end of May. I would love for the 512+gb to go way low in price, so I could snag an awesome game drive or 2

That's true... for my 830s I pad $1.18/gig in March and $0.98/gig end of May. I would love for the 512+gb to go way low in price, so I could snag an awesome game drive or 2
It's funny. A few months ago when I was contemplating my next PC, I was mentally debating 128 GB vs. 256 GB. But if the pricing bloodshed continues for SSDs, in a few months when I'm ready to order the components, I may be considering 256 GB vs. 512 GB. :cool:

Smart guy ^^^. When I read this I was thinking 1 TB = 1,000 GB, but you did the Gibibytes calculation that hard drives actually come in.

Touche, good sir. :)

Haha I think I got confused hard drives actually do come in 1,000 GB, that's why when you install your OS you get about 7% less space after formatting, because the hard drive is GB is smaller than the OS GB. Never mind LOL.

We all have our moments, aha.

What I like...on the webpage when you go there to buy a inexpensive small capacity SSD...its sold out, and then they toss up the box right under it... "You May Consider This Alternative" A 240gb SSD for nearly 10x what you were looking to spend. LMAO.... Ah, the joys of marketing. IMHO...a 240gb SSD is NOT something I would consider an alternative to buying a 60gb SSD. ;)

Yah, this marketing trick is getting old. Retailers have employees who lurk in forums solely to advertise a supposedly sale gone wild. In reality it was a one stock item but they'll get tons of traffic. The OP should remove link as soon as the sale ends so no one gets screwed.

Back