Patriot Memory in Testing @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We are testing some of the new Viper memory from Patriot Memory company. Our model PVV34G2000LLK is humming along nicely on our MSI P55 GD-80 motherboard at an “easy” 1600MHz at default voltage. I don’t see our sticks on its website quite yet, but they certainly do have others at the Newegg Patriot Memory store.

We are looking at picking Patriot Memory up as an advertiser here at HardOCP and want to know you thoughts about that as well as any first hand experiences. Sound off!

I <3 patriot, i had a pair of ddr 333 sticks for my opt 165, and they OC'd like beasts.

I bought a Patriot Xporter 8gb flash drive off Newegg a while ago for pretty cheap. It has more than enough space, installed Windows 7 RC off it with no problems, and transfer rates are about 30 MB/s. I'm plenty satisfied with it.

I've only owned two pairs of Patriot DDR2 memory, but both performed very well and still work, so no complaints here.

Is that a Koolance CPU-345?

How does Kyle get such black ops stuff that the rest of the world can't get a hold of or doesn't know about?? It is good to be Kyle!!
PVV34G2000LLK.jpg
Google on top of things like Big Brother should!!

I've gotten the feeling over the past year that Patriot has positioned itself to be taken seriously among the enthusiast community. I don't have any first hand experience with their products, but have friends who compare them to the likes of the big names in memory.

I have 2 2GB DDR2-800 sticks of Patriot memory now in my motherboard (in my sig), and they are rock solid. No crashes, bsods, or anything else memory related.

not a single issue!

Hmm, I'm not really a big fan of trying out new memory. So, I haven't had any Patriot memory yet. I have been burned so bad on memory before with other brands like Crucial. I pretty much only have the guts to buy Corsair memory. Next time I will go for the Patriot and check it out. I know a lot of people who have used it without problems.

I've got 2x2gb of the Viper DDR2-800 and it's brilliant. EPP timings are 4-4-4-12 which is kick ass for 2gb DDR2 modules, and they're flying. They were cheap too!

Great stuff. Patriot is a perfect example of a company that watched what enthusiasts wanted and they built a product line to match, or beat. GREAT company IMO.

I have a 4GB Patriot XT flash drive. It works, it's ruggedized (though I lost the cap) and it has high read/write speeds. Good replacement for the Cruzer 1GB I had before.

I've got a 32gb Patriot Xporter and its amazing. Teamed with my ford's sync hardware, I have endless music via usb! Plus, the lifetime warranty = awesomeness

Patriot has been good to me, I have a couple ddr2 667 sticks running at ddr2 800 for a long time now. Still at stock 1.8V also, good stuff. Have had them up to ddr2 858 but I am sure they can do better then that with some voltage increases.

I've been using Patriot memory in my rigs for years and it's always been super. Never once has it failed me but if it did it's got a lifetime warranty. I've got their Viper DDR2-800 in my system right now running my 4050e at 2.8GHz.

This day and age you should have no problems with a reputable memory manufacturer. Patriot seems to be such a company. The main reason I chose my memory was value. I don't do big OCs but don't by eco hardware either.

Both my rigs use Patriot and have had zero problems. I have mild air cooled OC on both of them.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear so much positive rep for Patriot. I've personally had nothing but bad luck with them. Every kit of DDR2 or 3 I've worked with from them has had atleast one bad stick. I don't buy it personally but I've had to work with it for system builds for customers. One kit we had to rma TWICE before we could get a working set. Granted, my experience is limited to a small selection over the past few years, but I'd say 0 out of 7 kits at various times is a pretty bad track record. To my knowledge, all kits were purchased from the egg.

Not trying to thread crap, just sharing my experience, but with all this positive feedback, I may have to give them another look.

I've gotten the feeling over the past year that Patriot has positioned itself to be taken seriously among the enthusiast community. I don't have any first hand experience with their products, but have friends who compare them to the likes of the big names in memory.

I just as soon (if not more) have Patriot in my system than any other brand. I've used them many times on builds and unless it's a super budget build I usually try to get them over the competition. Great stuff!

We've used Patriot around our shop now for several years. Very solid and reliable based on our experiences.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear so much positive rep for Patriot. I've personally had nothing but bad luck with them. Every kit of DDR2 or 3 I've worked with from them has had atleast one bad stick. I don't buy it personally but I've had to work with it for system builds for customers. One kit we had to rma TWICE before we could get a working set. Granted, my experience is limited to a small selection over the past few years, but I'd say 0 out of 7 kits at various times is a pretty bad track record. To my knowledge, all kits were purchased from the egg.

Not trying to thread crap, just sharing my experience, but with all this positive feedback, I may have to give them another look.

Meh, your experience is your experience, right? I personally haven't had the pleasure of using any Patriot memory though... they almost always stand out to me as a good bang for buck though when window shopping at Newegg.

I've used numerous DDR and DDR2 modules from Patriot over the past 5 years. Never had any issues with them. I'm currently running Patriot Viper 1066 in my rig.

I've got a PVT36G1600ELK kit running in my rig right now. I kinda got these by chance because they were the only kits in stock when i7 launched :D. No problems so far since November and the blue ramsinks match very nicely with a Gigabyte board.

I also have an 8GB Patriot Xporter and it's pretty damn fast.

The first time I saw patriot ram, I thought it was bargain bin stuff...but it surprised me. They're on my own "approved manufacturers" list for stuff I buy. I've been sticking with their SD cards for my camera. They've got some with awesome speeds, and I know I've been using one 2GB card solidly for about 3 years now, and it has zero issues.

And personally, I buy and recommend products from companies that sponsor here. ;)

Last edited:
I've always used Corsair but picked up a set of Patriot DDR2 800 for my PII X4 810 build and am very impressed.

them and get GSKILL =) awesome memories for the price both can = to cosair performance

I've got 2 gig of patriot low latency memory 4x512mb ddr sticks. They worked without a hitch since I've had em.

While I am pretty much die hard Corsair in my rig, I have bought a few Patriot USB flash drives. They have been absolutely superb.

I wouldn't question advertising them on my websites for certain, they seem to be a driven company bent on being accepted by the high end market. While I doubt I would personally use their ram (see die hard corsair) outside being given a set, It isn't something I would steer people away from either.

I've only ever had one set of Patriot modules. One of the modules in the kit died not too long after I got them. Patriot wouldn't take the modules back and replace them under their so-called lifetime warranty without a purchase receipt. Obviously it was my fault for not keeping the purchase receipt and reading the full text and conditions of their warranty in advance. Of course I understand the policy and why a company might want the original receipt even if I don't agree with it. In short I'm not a fan of it. Not when Corsair and OCZ take memory modules back without a purchase reciept. So in my mind when it comes to lifetime warranty replacements, Patriot is sub-par.

So I give all my business to Corsair and OCZ these days. While the Patriot modules I had worked they were fine. They worked as advertised and were purchased for a very reasonable price. (They seemed like a great value for the money.) So while I don't care for their warranty policy on receipts I think they are generally a good company that makes a good product. No one else I know that has used their memory has ever had a problem with their modules. I chalk my experience up to being an isolated incident rather than the norm. (Speaking soley on the subject of the defective module itself.)

Wow, pretty damn good feedback considering you folks will not hesitate to eat one of your brethren for lunch should they spell something wrong. :p

I've only ever had one set of Patriot modules. One of the modules in the kit died not too long after I got them. Patriot wouldn't take the modules back and replace them under their so-called lifetime warranty without a purchase receipt. Obviously it was my fault for not keeping the purchase receipt and reading the full text and conditions of their warranty in advance. Of course I understand the policy and why a company might want the original receipt even if I don't agree with it. In short I'm not a fan of it. Not when Corsair and OCZ take memory modules back without a purchase reciept. So in my mind when it comes to lifetime warranty replacements, Patriot is sub-par.

The way to remedy that is just to always buy from Newegg. That way they always have a receipt that you can print out when you log into your account. I just looked back at my order history and the first Newegg purchase I ever made was on 11/26/2001 and it was an old crappy TNT2 video card shown here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125101 I can't believe that Newegg shows orders from that long ago and still even keeps the product page up.

The way to remedy that is just to always buy from Newegg. That way they always have a receipt that you can print out when you log into your account. I just looked back at my order history and the first Newegg purchase I ever made was on 11/26/2001 and it was an old crappy TNT2 video card shown here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125101 I can't believe that Newegg shows orders from that long ago and still even keeps the product page up.

Yeah that's true. I do buy much of my stuff from Newegg but the Patriot modules are something I actually bought locally. In any case I am still against the policy whether I have a receipt or not. I've spoken ill about the "receipt requirement" that many companies have had for several years now. I don't like it and I never will. Still that's really my only complaint about Patriot. That's a minor one as that single issue never has stopped me from buying a product.

I stopped buying them some years ago after getting a bunch of bad modules in a row.
The egg was good at rma'ing them so I don't know how they handle rma's directly.
If they have a receipt policy I don't like that at all having had problems with it in the past with other companies.

I've purchased around seven or either sets of Patriot memory over the years since they first started selling on NewEgg. Never had a problem with them at all. I usually always buy Patriot or GSkill since they're reasonably priced and perform great in my experience.

My personal rigs are always overclocked, and usually end up with G Skill or OCZ. I've used Patriot in stock-speed builds for others and never had a problem pop up. They are usually a good value, and if they are aligning themselves in the enthusiast market I might have to give them a shot for my next build.

Nice looking mem. 2000Mhz with cas8 sounds good, and within the 1.65v. But these will probably be quite expensive..

I've had two sets of Patriot DDR2-1066, and they worked damned well, though I didn't OC them, if you OC memory. After about 8 months I had to RMA a stick from the first pair, but that got accomplished without too much grief. All in all, I'd be happy to buy Patriot again, if their kit is competetively priced. Great stuff, it ALWAYS booted up on the first try so obviously they put compatibility at a high priority.

I have probably four systems with Patriot RAM right now. They've always been priced well and have had no compatibility issues.

I've got the PVT36G1600ELK also running in my rig, my first choice was Corsair but it was'nt stock when I ordered, so I got the patriot, was my first time with this memory, and the guy is currently impress with it, runs perfectly fine, with nice timing and do overclock well also... and was cheaper :)

never owned any of the patriot line of ram. However I'd welcome them as we'd get the best reviews and coverage that only a site like [H] can provide. And this could lead to more options to choose your ram instead of what your currently using.

Back