Patriot 2gb Dual Channel 2-3-2-5 1T Bargain

Agisthos

Weaksauce
I wanted to build a system using 2gb (2x 1gb) of low latency ram.

Most of the time finding 1 gig modules that could do such low timings was not an option. Then I stumbled across this 2gb Patriot 400mhz Dual Channel kit that has timings of 2-3-2-5 1T

And for the bargain price of $316 US

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...e=M&Product_Code=140291&Category_Code=DDR-PDP

I dont know how they overclock yet as I am waiting for my international shipment, but that price for 1gb modules at such low timings is a bit of a bargain

actually, those are the only sticks on newegg that have 2-3-2 timings at 1gb iirc. good luck with oc'ing them though, i'm very curious to see how they do

I ordered a 1gb stick of that from monach also. Sucks it's backordered until tuesday, but hope it OC's good!

from what i've heard, oc'ing isn't really too great. you might get lucky though.

I may have led people astray on this....

I just recieved the modules and lo and behold they are double sided dimms. But the spec sheet on their website clearly states 2-3-2-5 1T

If the dimms are double sided then I will not be able to run it at 1T it will be 2T instead?

This is misleading. Prehaps with the new memory controller on the athlons I can still get 1T with double sided dimms but I do not think so.

double sided doesn't mean 2T

i have two double sided sticks in my computer, and i can get to 250mhz without problem.. at 1T ;)

it's when you have 4 double sided dimms that you need to have concern with running 1T or 2T

thats a relief then.

sorry Eclipse, I cant tell you how this stuff oc's cos I have not even got the rest of my new rig yet.
I was going to get the MSI Neo4 SLI but it looks like there is some problems with it and I am waiting for a new hardware revision of that board.

So far not real impressed with this ram's OC'ing abilities. I'm still getting familliar with it. Running it on my dfi lanparty ut 250gb and so far it's maxing out at about 223mhz with 2.5-3-2-5 timings.

that's still pretty good for 1gb sticks..

and Agisthos, it's all right. i'm not about to go anywhere, so i can wait a while ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
that's still pretty good for 1gb sticks..

and Agisthos, it's all right. i'm not about to go anywhere, so i can wait a while ;)

Yeah it is. Seems little odd though, can't seem to get past 225mhz no matter what timings or voltage.

(cf)Eclipse said:
what board do you have?

DFI Lanparty UT 250gb. Running athlon 3000+ DTR with 1mb cache. Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem that odd, just seemed odd at the time it would crap out with fairly low timings, and it doesn't really respond at all to voltage.

tried all the regular stuff like dropping the ht link, locking agp at 67, making sure there's nothing on sata 1/2?

Back