Passworded User Files

Ju$tice

Limp Gawd
My computer is networking as my inbuilt graphics accelerator on my motherboard is no longer working.
I have plugged my hard drive into our other computer and i have tried to access my document through documents and settings on the hard drive from the broken computer. I don't not use the admin account i have made my own and passworded it so i am unable to gain access to my user account. I know my password is their any way i can enter it or remove the password so i can gain access to my files?
When i click on my user account i get the message
I:\Documents and Settings\Re$pect is not accessible
Access is Denied

You need to use the admin account on the computer your using and give ownership of the files to a user account on that computer, it could be the permissions are all wonky cause you transplanted the harddrive, that would be my first guess anyway, I have no idea how to do it in XP, before you ask.

You can use $ in user names in XP
I need to find a way to access the Re$pect users documents. In order to do that i think i need a way to enter password to grant permission or remove password to recover files.

You can use $ in user names in XP
I need to find a way to access the Re$pect users documents. In order to do that i think i need a way to enter password to grant permission or remove password to recover files.

Unless the files are encrypted, you shouldn't need a password to get at it. Its probably just an issues with file permissions. You could also try actually accessing the harddrive from a different OS, like a Linux liveCD, that should give you access, as long as the files are not encrypted

It is a simple permissions issue that can be resolved by taking ownership of the folder and sub folders.

SJConsultant It is a simple permissions issue that can be resolved by taking ownership of the folder and sub folders.
How is this possible?
Help much appreciated!

Back