Password protecting folders in XP- folders, not files

G'morning all,

We're looking for a program that will allow us to password-protect folders on Windows XP. I've seen all the other threads on this subject and the linked programs and web pages (e.g. PC World's article; Cryptex) but nothing that does what we want.

There are a lot of programs that come up on Google; has anyone used any of these? I've tried a few demos but I'm looking for any other recommendations.

Thanks!

Would simply editing the permissions and security on those directories do the trick?

Yes, should have mentioned that: that's a last resort. We have different people using the same accounts, before we go through the hassle of logging on and off (Small business! Leave me alone! :p) I want to try anything else.

why not just set up a domain server and give each user their own folder on the server? it would be the most secure way to do it, and everyone should be happy.

Same problem as I mentioned in my previous post: different people, same user accounts.

I've used a few demo programs that allow password protection of individual files and folders.

Back