password protecting floppies

amit77

Limp Gawd
my freind has some files on a floppy she doesn't want people getting into..is there anyway to password protect the floppy disk?

I believe you can create zip files and then encrypt them with a password. Perhaps a google would work? I vaguely remember Win98 Plus supporting the above nativly but I'm not positive.

[edit] I just checked in XP and if you rightclick on the zip file and choose properties then click the advanced button, you have the option of encrypting the file. I'm going to continue playing around with it. Try messing around with a test zip file.

I also did a search on google for "password protect floppy" and came up with alot of free software.

Use PGP to encrypt the files. Darn hard to get around.....make sure she doesn't lose the password....:D

Regards - B.B.S.

Just don't let anyone get a hold of the floppies? Hide 'em in the air duct above your bed! Can anyone guess the movie? ;)

GJSNeptune said:
Just don't let anyone get a hold of the floppies? Hide 'em in the air duct above your bed! Can anyone guess the movie? ;)
If it will fit on a floppy, I'd hide it too. :D

GJSNeptune,
I'm betting the files aren't what you suggest. Get your mind out of the gutter. :)

mosin said:
If it will fit on a floppy, I'd hide it too. :D

GJSNeptune,
I'm betting the files aren't what you suggest. Get your mind out of the gutter. :)
What the hell are you talkin' about? Haven't you seen Hackers?

Back