Password not accepted when starting from hibernation

Staples

Supreme [H]ardness
Am I the only one who has this problem? A lot of times, I just put the computer into hibernation rather than shuting it down. When I restart the computer, many times I can not log in on any accounts on the PC. It is quite annoying, I have to shut it down from the welcome screen and then start it up as I would have if it was a clean shutdown.

Staples said:
Am I the only one who has this problem? A lot of times, I just put the computer into hibernation rather than shuting it down. When I restart the computer, many times I can not log in on any accounts on the PC. It is quite annoying, I have to shut it down from the welcome screen and then start it up as I would have if it was a clean shutdown.

What errors if any are displayed when you try to log in? You need to describe a bit more of whats happening.

SJConsultant said:
What errors if any are displayed when you try to log in? You need to describe a bit more of whats happening.
Well when I do go into hibernate, it is usually because I have some web pages loaded and at least a text editor or Visual Studio. Needless to say, I am usually working on something and I do not want to open every document again so I just put the system in hibernate.

As far as the errors, I have two accounts on the system (well 3 I guess but Admin doesn't show on the Welcome screen) and there are no errors, it just does not accept the password. Maybe next time it happens, I can look through the system logs. I have never really looked through them so I do not know if they log failed logins. You enter the pass and enter and it just says that the password is incorrect. It is not a problem with caps or number lock. I have never had this problem since the last time I reinstalled Windows a month ago. Something else that happens is that my Windows clock frequently loses 2 hours which may be a related problem. I should try it with a combination of the programs I frequently use in attempt to see if a certain program causes it. Strange though. I just came back from a hibernation and it worked but I only had WMP running.

Ok, I don't see any bad logins in the Event Viewer so I guess by default, it does not log them however one reoccuring error that I see in the System log is

DCOM got error "The service database is locked. " attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

Maybe that has something to do with the problem.

Or maybe not since DCOM seems to deal with the network.

Back