Password accident

J_I_M_B_O

Limp Gawd
Well, I had my old desktop packed away for a while and now I set it back up and when I turn it on it comes up with classic login which I suppose I set a while back. And it doesn't let me see the password hint, and that'll remind me of my password, but I can't get to it. What should I do??

Log in as Username = Administrator - Password = Nothing (leave it blank). Should get you into the admin. account where you can disable that password on your main username.

-dB

There is a password recover program that runs on top of knoppix. I used it awhile back and it worked great. I cant rememeber the name, but it lets you modify your admin password, but will not show you the old one. If you are like me, you deleted the default admin acount and the default guest/user/other acounts.

Footer4321 said:
There is a password recover program that runs on top of knoppix. I used it awhile back and it worked great. I cant rememeber the name, but it lets you modify your admin password, but will not show you the old one. If you are like me, you deleted the default admin acount and the default guest/user/other acounts.

I don't think as many people delete all the default accounts as you think.

filthysanchez said:
if you forgot your password, go into safemode, then control panel and take off the pasword.

dBTelos said:
Log in as Username = Administrator - Password = Nothing (leave it blank). Should get you into the admin. account where you can disable that password on your main username.

-dB

If this works i can go to any computer and get admin rights with ease... something doesnt seem right imo.

forcefed said:
If this works i can go to any computer and get admin rights with ease... something doesnt seem right imo.

A lot of people don't delete or change the password on the default admin account. Sometimes you need to use safemode to get there because you need the classic log on.

At the XP login screen, press CTRL/ALT/DEL twice to get the classic login screen.
Login as Administrator and leave the password blank.
Hopefully it is blank, but dont leave it like that lol !

Chernobyl1 said:
At the XP login screen, press CTRL/ALT/DEL twice to get the classic login screen.
Login as Administrator and leave the password blank.
Hopefully it is blank, but dont leave it like that lol !

Yep, probably should change it after :D

dBTelos said:
A lot of people don't delete or change the password on the default admin account. Sometimes you need to use safemode to get there because you need the classic log on.
Most people on here have installed the OS themselves, meaning your advice of a blank password isn't going to be too successful. Well, hopefully not, because it's a huge security risk.

djnes said:
Most people on here have installed the OS themselves, meaning your advice of a blank password isn't going to be too successful. Well, hopefully not, because it's a huge security risk.

True, but worth a shot.

Back