• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Passive Vid Cards for SFFs

Clear

Gawd
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
876
I've become a big fan of SFFs ever since I purchased my first one last Christmas. I'm looking forward to upgrading to an dual-core AMD system, and this time around I want to focus more on keeping the system quiet and cool. I'm looking for suggestions on passively cooled video cards that fit in SFFs. High end or low end, would be nice to get a list of the cards people have used in the SFFs. Providing the Video card / manufacturer as well as SFF case / mobo would be nice as well. Also, if it isn't passively cooled, as long as the fan as near silent. In my current setup, the fan on the video card is the loudest fan in the case, however I don't know of a good cooler to replace it with that will fit without modding the case, which I would not like to do.

Anyhow, please post what you have or suggestions, would greatly appreciate it.
 
As mentioned before:

I got my SN25P today, but I am still waiting for my Gigabyte passive cooled X800 XL. But I think - from the looks of it - that the card will not fit!
 
passive cooling can be a risky propisition in sff's. in tower cases there is usually enough air flow througout the case that passive will atleast keep the card from going nuclear. but they do tend to run warmer than active cooled cards. move that into an sff where even active cooling tends to run higher than tower cases you have the potential to turn all that fancy silicone into glass.

low-mid range cards would be the best choice. most likely to fit and put out less heat. high end cards have their best chances in a P series build. but even then im not sure I would take that risk.

best choice for quiet vga in an sff, with no mods, would be a zalman or arctic cooling **silencer paired with any card you want in a P series.
 
Iargonaut said:
As mentioned before:

I got my SN25P today, but I am still waiting for my Gigabyte passive cooled X800 XL. But I think - from the looks of it - that the card will not fit!
get that dremmel out ;)
 
G'ßöö said:
get that dremmel out ;)


I think I should stop posting in a forum for modders and overclockers.... but well - I will get a new cover for the SFF which I will dremel than.... I do not want to loose the warranty.
 
4b5eN+EE said:
sapphire 9600

but dont even think about OCing

Yup I would think that the sapphire 9600 could fit into any SFF case without much trouble.
 
Well, I'm looking for a cooler, not neccessarily passive, but something silent that will fit in my current setup on my MSI 6600GT. I only have about an inch in height for the cooler whatever it is, and I can't find a cooler that is less than 25 mm tall. Anyone know of a good one?
 
Back
Top