I am going to be rebuilding my fileserver rig after I get back from Iraq and I am looking for a passive heatsink.
This is going to be on a AMD 3200+, non-overclocked possibly in a LANboy case. I want to try and get this thing as quiet as possible. The Scorpio case is loud as hell with the small case fans and I wanted a small case with at least 5 hdd bays. The 2 120's should do just fine. I was going to see about getting an NV silencer for the 6600 to keep the noice down and cool the card at the same time. Granted I can spend some money on the sink but I dont really feel like spending more on the sink than the case, heh.
Edited-just realized I technically put this in the wrong subforum. Dont see a delete anywhere, can someone move this?
This is going to be on a AMD 3200+, non-overclocked possibly in a LANboy case. I want to try and get this thing as quiet as possible. The Scorpio case is loud as hell with the small case fans and I wanted a small case with at least 5 hdd bays. The 2 120's should do just fine. I was going to see about getting an NV silencer for the 6600 to keep the noice down and cool the card at the same time. Granted I can spend some money on the sink but I dont really feel like spending more on the sink than the case, heh.
Edited-just realized I technically put this in the wrong subforum. Dont see a delete anywhere, can someone move this?