• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Passive CPU cooling

c1001

Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
943
Does anyone use a Scythe Ninja, Sonic Tower or any similar skyscraper looking heatsink in a totally passive configuration? If yes, what CPU?

The Ninja site says: "This product is not recommended to use with a high CPU frequency under the fanless mode". What qualifies as a high CPU frequency these days?
 
Depends.

You can get away with passive CPU cooling as long as you've got good airflow through the case. You should have a rear 120mm fan removing heat from the case. I think you can mount a 120mm fan to the Scythe Ninja passive heatsink...
 
Yeah, I was witing for that. I've spent a lot of time at SPCR.
Just looking for input from a more [H] crowd that tends to OC and push things more.
 
I havent used the Ninja naked, but with 1 fan it cools quite well. With 2, it's even better :p I would think that with a low noise fan it would still cool very good if you're not going for a hardcore OC. You may be able to run the cpu stock with it naked.
 
Back
Top