Passed My CCNA

pug

[H]ard|Gawd
I passed my CCNA May 20th, 2008 ;)

First try on the 640-802

Hey, congradulations! I'm headed in there next tuesday ( the 27th I think ).

I think I've got a handle on the material, I've been cramming subnets since last week. The only thing I'm a little shaky on is OSPF and EIGRP.

good job and congrats, i just got my Network+ last week and now i am going to knock out the A+ and i plan to start into CCNA this summer!

whats next on the agenda? CCNP?

Good work. :)

That cert is on everyone's wish list in job postings.

Congrats. When does your plane leave for India?

I think I kind of get what your saying with this hehe. I saw a program talking about the out sourcing. Am I in the ballpark maybe??

are you the guy that started this thread?

No Im sure not. Notice the forum name difference, Also if you had access too my IP you might find we are on different IP's. Plus I'm too old to do silly things like that :)

I have been the same man on the same name with the same skin since I discovered these forums almost 3 yrs ago.

Also hehe I'll give you some privy info on me. My forum name is also a childhood nick name. But I have hated it since I have grown into an adult many many years ago !

Well I studied off and on for about a year. I took the Cisco Network Academy classes, but dropped out of the 4th about half way through. I really on probably studied about 3-4 months total.

Probably the most difficult part of the exam is the simulations. I can't really disclose anything that is "on" the exam though.

congratulations, expect that first big stinky check to roll in shortly. :D

I wish. Right now I am looking for another job. I might end up taking this administrative, non-tech job because it would be closer to home. Right now I"m driving 35mins one way to work. Also it would be a state job and hopefully give me a chance to grow and meet more people where I could get a nicer tech job than I have now.

Hey, congradulations! I'm headed in there next tuesday ( the 27th I think ).

I think I've got a handle on the material, I've been cramming subnets since last week. The only thing I'm a little shaky on is OSPF and EIGRP.

Are you serious? I had you pegged as someone with mid CCNP/CCIE knowledge. Guess I didn't read enough of your posts. ;)

nice job....

I went through 4 semesters of Cisco Academy at the local JC, then foolishly didn't test for CCNA...fraid I forgot most of the stuff and kick myself everytime I read threads like this...

nice job....

I went through 4 semesters of Cisco Academy at the local JC, then foolishly didn't test for CCNA...fraid I forgot most of the stuff and kick myself everytime I read threads like this...
'

1) study
2) take exam
3) ???
4) profit!

Few questions:

-If you are ganna take a CCNA course in an institute, how long will it take?
- Do you really need to take the course in order to pass? OR, can you just study for it?
- How many exams are there?
-How much does it cost?

Thanks.

Few questions:

-If you are gonna take a CCNA course in an institute, how long will it take?
- Do you really need to take the course in order to pass? OR, can you just study for it?
- How many exams are there?
-How much does it cost?

Thanks.

1) If you take the course somewhere, its 4 classes, at least mine was. Took me about a year. I have mixed feelings about it, but it was helpful. I recommend this book though either way: http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0470110082

2) No you don't need to take the course, but it might help if you have no background in networking.

3) Its just one exam for the CCNA 640-802 CCNA or you can break it into two exams *640-822 ICND1 and 640-816 ICND2.

You can get more info by going here http://www.cisco.com/certifications

4) If you take the one exam, the current cost is $150. If you take the two exams each one is $125.

Back