Passed CCIE voice written

Arch

Gawd
I passed my CCIE voice written exam this morning, scored an 81. 70 is passing. As it turns out, passing the written also renews my CCNA which expires on May 7th. Now I need to start building out my lab topology to study for the lab exam.

Woot!

Go on with your bad self bro. Hell, I'm just trying for my CCNA and I'm scared as hell..
:D

LOL both my wife and i are studing for our na's. woot woot for you tho, dont get a big head tho. some of the ies at my work turn into pricks, i hate that.

Way to go!!! Hopefully I will be there one day. I actually had the opportunity to go to Cisco in Raleigh a couple weeks ago and work on CCM 5.0 in one of their labs. I was helping to write a beta training course that we were delivering to Cisco employees. That was fun...

Congrats man, good luck on the practical whenever you get to that. I'm in the process of doing my CCNP (BCMSN) in order to renew my own CCNA.

dude..that is awesome. congrats!

Now i need to reschedule my CCNA. During lunch someone mentions the word "cisco" and it triggers my CCNA test in my head. Turns out, i forgot to go take my CCNA test two days earlier. Kinda dont care b/c i didnt even have time yet to read chapter one of the CCNA sybex book. No one told me working in the real world leaves like ZERO time for a life outside of work.

killerasp said:
dude..that is awesome. congrats!

Now i need to reschedule my CCNA. During lunch someone mentions the word "cisco" and it triggers my CCNA test in my head. Turns out, i forgot to go take my CCNA test two days earlier. Kinda dont care b/c i didnt even have time yet to read chapter one of the CCNA sybex book. No one told me working in the real world leaves like ZERO time for a life outside of work.
Did you pay for it? Chances are you'll have to pay to take it again. (iirc)

PHUNBALL said:
Way to go!!! Hopefully I will be there one day. I actually had the opportunity to go to Cisco in Raleigh a couple weeks ago and work on CCM 5.0 in one of their labs. I was helping to write a beta training course that we were delivering to Cisco employees. That was fun...

I spent quite a bit of time at the Raleigh campus, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, if you know what I mean :)

Arch said:
I spent quite a bit of time at the Raleigh campus, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, if you know what I mean :)

You in the ASE program?

Ah, gotcha. I'm really hoping for a slot in the ASE program. I should know within a few weeks probably.

Congratulations. Great work. I am working towards CCNA myself. Currently taking the fourth Cisco class at my college. I took a voucher test for the CCNA-INTRO test and took and passed it so I'm halfway there.

Again, congratulations. I really can't even comprehend what you've accomplish yet.
:)

Arch said:

Nice, I was over in building 11 where you guys lease some space to Credit Suisse and where I believe they mostly hold sales training, but the lab was very nice. Six pods all together...

gratz to all of u. i took the cisco classes, but didnt pass the third course (suppose i shoulda studied the commands more). maybe one day i'll be up there with the rest of ya.

Thanks everyone!

For those of you studying for the CCNA, or any other exam, keep with it, its worth it.

Yeah...I just finished CCNA 1 and 2 in high school. I'm off now for a senior project.
Some day I will keep going with CCNA. I just found out there is going to be a new entry level Voice over IP course soon.
Congrats by the way.

Some day I will keep going with CCNA. I just found out there is going to be a new entry level Voice over IP course soon.

That sounds like it would be a great class to take. My college has a class called "Fundamentals of Programming a Firewall" which does stuff with Cisco PIX firewalls and even gets into the basics of VPNs. I want to take it so bad but my college hasn't offered it in a while which sucks because the second CCNA class is the prerequisite for the firewall class and I got done with that last fall.

Congrats! the sad part is the lab is going to be a million times harder. i'm planning on getting started on my ccnp, but dont have the green right now for the lab.

ne0-reloaded said:
Congrats! the sad part is the lab is going to be a million times harder. i'm planning on getting started on my ccnp, but dont have the green right now for the lab.

No doubt there. The written exam is easy, the lab is very very difficult. Thankfully, because of where I work, I can build out a complete lab environment with little difficulty.

I think you are the first person that I have ever known that passed a CCIE test AFTER a CCNA. CCNA is the most basic cisco cert out there. Most people do CCNA, CCDA, then CCNP, then possibly something else then CCIE. If you speak the truth about passing it then I give you a big pat on the back because the test is extremly hard. My dad is a CCIE and I am 1 test from my CCNP.

Teecee said:
I think you are the first person that I have ever known that passed a CCIE test AFTER a CCNA. CCNA is the most basic cisco cert out there. Most people do CCNA, CCDA, then CCNP, then possibly something else then CCIE. If you speak the truth about passing it then I give you a big pat on the back because the test is extremly hard. My dad is a CCIE and I am 1 test from my CCNP.

I did indeed pass the written. Keep in mind that the written only lets you take the lab, which is much harder. The written exam is a piece of cake. I work on Cisco voice products day in and day out so making the jump from CCNA to CCIE was easy.

Teecee said:

Most CCIE's that I know didn't even take the CCNA.

Boscoh said:
Most CCIE's that I know didn't even take the CCNA.

In the SJ TAC, people couldn't give a shit if you have your CCNA, here only the CCIE matters

mpegripper said:
In the SJ TAC, people couldn't give a shit if you have your CCNA, here only the CCIE matters

I can see that for sure.

On a side note, I interviewed with Cisco about 3 weeks ago. I'd love to hear a no-BS assessment of what you and Arch think of the company if you'd like to PM me...or slightly hijack this thread ;).

Have had my lab completely built out since early August and have been studying like crazy since then. The lab date is approaching, Nov. 15th.

I must say, this is the most difficult / challenging test I've ever attempted. Is anyone else working on the CCIE Voice, or recently passed the new exam (it changed in July).

**edit**, woops, meant to start a new thread. Sorry to dig up this old one, this will do though.

Congrats. My CCNP already expired. Luckily my employer is not forcing me to renew it.

Back