• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pascal and the Finfet wall

N4CR

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 17, 2011
Messages
4,944
After touting dual fets on the flounder edition, then releasing it with single fet design (false advertising..?), I am wondering if this was done for a reason beyond cheaping out or protecting it from idiots on the crappy thermals blower.

Have we seen 2.5GHz clocks yet? Has anyone broken 2.1GHz or heavily modified the cards yet? A card that can't hold boost clocks stock, barely hitting 2.1GHz with 100% fan, is a pretty average OC as far as historic OCs go.

I wonder if this was a deliberate move. So that when dual fet cards are released, people really can begin to OC, but will hit the FinFet wall. I wonder if this wall is close to 2.1-2.2GHz.. I would not be surprised given what we know about this process now.

Thanks for your thoughts and discussion!
 
Let's see what happens with partner cards. However, I feel it will be a little while before we see custom PCBs and such too far from the FE design. Going to be a while for the MATRIX and LIGHTNING editions etc....
 
Back
Top