Partitioning Hard Drive in Vista 64??

oymd

Weaksauce
My main hard drive is a WD 500GB. It is recognized as Disk 1 in Computer management. I used Computer Management to partition it...but the interface was not very friendly...and I guess I made a mistake....

The only option I had was to SHRINK the C drive....and I ended up with 2 partitions...:

C: 320GB...and H: 180GB

So I tried shrinking C again...and the maximum it allowed was 286GB....and I ended up with another I partition: 33GB...

Now I have 3 partitions on Disk 1: C, H, and I....I initially intended to just have 2 partitions..C: 150GB...and D:350GB...

Q:
1- Why can't I shrink C any further...like to 150GB....

2- How can I merge now partitions H & I?

3- Why doesn't partition magic work with Vista64....during installation and when I try to run it...it keeps saying there is a INCOMPATIBILITY with Vista...and when I launch it...it says drive C is BAD...which it isn't..

4- Why is Vista's computer management so lame?

5- How can I fix this issue...

My plan was to have a 150GB partition on C for OS and program files...with a ~350GB partition for everything else...games...video...etc..

Disk 0 is my old ATA drive...it will go into my old machine...I will just copy important files from it...
Disk 2 is my old SATA drive...will go into another PC after copying stuff from it..
Disk 3 is an external Lacie 500GB backup..

NewPicture5-1.jpg

I know i screwed it up...how can i fix this..:D

Thanks...

Back