Partitioning Hard drive from within mac os x???

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello, I have a macbook with Tiger installed on it. I'm getting ready to install leopard this weekend and I would like to partition my HDD. The only problem is, I no longer have the install DVD that came with my macbook. Is this something I can do in disk utility without booting from the install dvd. All I need is a ~8 gig HFS+ partition. Fat won't work becuase I have a file over 4 gigs.

well, I haven't used a leopard install disc yet, but i would imagine there is disk utility on it just as every install disc in the past.

boot up to it and see

true dat. boot from the leopard disc and run the disk utility. then you can erase, partition, do whatever you want with the hdd....

just make sure you back up your data first. (read: i dont think it does this dynamically, so you will probably lose data if you dont back it up)

true dat. boot from the leopard disc and run the disk utility. then you can erase, partition, do whatever you want with the hdd....

just make sure you back up your data first. (read: i dont think it does this dynamically, so you will probably lose data if you dont back it up)

Well the boot camp installer allow you to resize dynamiclly the partition so I don't know why the disk utility don't let you.

well, either way, if he is gonna do a fresh install of 10 5, then he can just make it then. if he is making a partition for boot camp then he should use the boot amp installer.

Back