• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Partition PC across Network

Arkanian

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
1,898
So I have a task to partition about 700 PC's that are on our network. Does anyone know of a software where I can accomplish this over the network with scheduling? I am basically taking 2 GIGS from the D drive and moving it to the C drive. Yes D and C are on the same hard drive.
 
You may want to try a PXE boot solution. Boot all computers through the network, instruct the PXE boot image to resize the partitions. It'll only work if the NIC supports such a thing, which is usually true. If not, you'll need to make a bootable disk (floppy, cd, usb, etc) to get the process started, which is a pain.

We use Altiris Deployment Solutions 6.9 where I work, it's something to look into. It does scheduling, it handles PXE booting, and tons of other neat features. I love it personally, it does everything I've ever wanted to be able to do, I just need to know how to get it done ;)
 
Back
Top