• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Partition Data Gone?

mike938

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
97
I bought a 4 in 3 SATA backplane and after moving my 3 400GB drives in a RAID 5 array into it, i booted up windows and no longer could see my data drive with 720~ GB of data on it. I looked in computer management and it only saw the drive with unallocated space.

I tried 1 or 2 different pieces of recovery software but 1 found 3 7MB ext2 or ext3(can't remember which) partitions and the other found just a bunch of 12MB fat12 partitions.

Does anyone have any advice as to recover my data?

The RAID Card: LSI Logic MegaRAID 150-6
Hard Drives: Western Digital 400GB RE2 raid specific
Backplane: Athena power 4 in 3 SATA backplane

Thank you in advance
 
possibly figured it out...I think I switched drive 1 and 3 and it didn't realize that for whatever reason, not sure how but I think i switched them back and now partition table doctor picks up my 800GB partition so I am hoping that it will fix it in the end.

Will find out soon enough. >.<

edit: noticed it was most likely that when data recovery software found an mp3 of mine that when played every few seconds it would skip around the song and then back, over and over again; seeming like data was just out of order.
 
Back
Top