partial n00b Setup check please

I'm running an Asus P6T with a i7 930 @ 4ghz, trying to run 3 24" Dell 2405's (1920x1200 each)

I'm not a gamer, but do enjoy FPS's and race sims from time to time. The ability to get all 3 displays running at once in a game makes me hawt. I'm currently running a 4950 that only puts up video on 1 display when I game. I'm satisfied with what this card gives me in terms of performance on the one display. I game at 1920x1200, max settings, 1xaa

Since my displays are DVI and not miniport or anything like that.. what's my best option?

a pair of 6950/6970's in crossfire setup?

What specific brand and card should I look at?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yay 6950's will definally cut it. Brand. If you want double lifetime warranty and after market headsinks. XFX

If you dont care about that any reputably brand will do. Asus, MSI, Sapphire, Gigabyte.

I see a lot of people are using display port technology and having to use adapters, etc.

Is this going to be an issue for me running 3 DVI cables? Does that change the way that Eyefinity works?

Yes DisplayPort is required. At least one of the monitors must be outputted via Displayport.

Possible combos:
DP - DP - DP
DVI - DVI - DP
DVI - DP - DP
DVI - HDMI - DP

Ok.. so... now I have a better question..

I was buying 2 card because of 3 DVI connections..

Can I run all 3 of my monitors off of the 1 card?

DVI, DVI, DP?

If I can, that drops my total price considerably!

even with most rebates lowest 6950 i could get was $280 , you consider that this card can be unlocked to a 6970 pretty easy

Back