Parsec gaming...

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
Anyone else using Parsec? Currently my house is being renovated so my gaming PC in my office, and is almost inaccessible as the office is full of stuff. I got Parsec up and running and it's astounding how well it works. I have my Framework laptop (which is far from a gaming laptop) all set up with it and play over Wifi6. Normally I cable nearly everything, so this is a good test of WiFi6 latency for me. It's streaming from the rig in my sig below. I'm currently playing though the Halo MCC. Doom Eternal won't stream. I don't know if it's a Vulkan issue or not.

Yeah I play Parsec. Imo it's the very best shooter for the Ti-99.

Parsec has been great for playing fighting games with bad netcode. The UMVC3 and Samurai Shodown communities have been pretty big on it for a while now.

Doom Eternal won't stream. I don't know if it's a Vulkan issue or not.
I imagine it cause more issue than failure, but did you make sure HDR was off in the game? Parsec I think do not support it, at least not for me.

It does work really well, outside the issue of host/client resolution that can be a pain (at least out of the box) if they do not match ratio wise.

I'd look at moonlight as well (especially if you have nvidia). I tested both parsec and moonlight, and still prefer the performance of moonlight. Although parsec has closed the gap significantly, i consistently get 4k (2160p) on apples to apples hardware with moonlight. also, parsec is not that friendly on gamepad/remote only clients (like nvidia shield), whereas with moonlight, just download the moonlight app on shield (or any android tv), and you'd have a full fledged console that can play steam games on 4k :)

Does moonlight allow multiple people to connect to 1 streaming PC like parsec does?

I don't believe so, I've only ever used it on a 1:1 basis. I do have a couple of encoders and a gaming instance hosted in the cloud(tested with tesla t4 & a10g - close to 3080 perf), and have heavily tested both parsec and moonlight (on both h.264 and hevc). For actual gaming, moonlight all the way (just consistently smoother for me 60fps on 4k). For productivity, parsec does have its merit, as the desktop mouse experience is a bit smoother.

Does parsec work better than the steam streaming?

Oh it absolutely works better than steam streaming. (especially in terms of input lag)

Back