Parrot Adds 'Follow-Me' Feature To Its Bebop 2 Drone

Wha wha what! Love it. I had a 68 Firebird, buddy had a 72 lemans and the other a skylark (remember the game, Driver, that's why he bought it hah!) we would roll around in and cause trouble.

Then we moved to Nissans, 260, 510 2 doors, 280z w/ 350 and finally 240s. I love all cars, but man that 91 240 coupe was the BEST!

Thanks for responding!

No one is happy just doing stuff anymore, now they want you to know they are doing stuff and watch them doing it too...

Ya know that funny feeling ya get when you think someone is watching you ?
when your grand children get it they are gona be like OMG I feel like no one is watching me!!!

and just WHERE is the [H] symbol on your cars Steve ?

I love how a thread about drones was *instantly* derailed. lol

This thread would have been so much more interesting if it was actually about this drones and perhaps comparing this to other ones.

Product seems great honestly. Not sure about having this thing follow me on my beach horse ride, though. This is my private time

Nice Ride! I've read goo and bad things about Parrot Bebop 2. The price is right if it works like the video, but my guess is it doesn't. power lines, stop lights, etc probably confuse it (typical bike ride).

I would like to see this drone follow someone on a motorcycle on the "Tail of the Dragon" or Mulholland Drive.

I like the feature, a lot of fun photos and videos can be created with this.

I would be too tempted to play 'follow the leader' with my dirt bike into the forest. See how far I could push the drone's ability to avoid branches. Otherwise it would have film of me crashing trying to out maneuver the drone.

A couple of years ago I saw a drone being promoted that used this as it's primary function. The operator used a small transmitter that the drone would follow at something like 30 mph top speed. If the drone ran low on power or couldn't keep up it would just land and wait to require the signal.

It had a girls name, the motors deployed by popping out from the body, and it was waterproof enough that you could throw it into the water and the rotors would deploy and pop it right back out of the water and into the air at the moment of splash down. Overall it looked really decent. At the time I wanted one to follow my kids around.

So the battery life of the drone is what a few minutes at most before it dies and falls down?

A couple of years ago I saw a drone being promoted that used this as it's primary function. The operator used a small transmitter that the drone would follow at something like 30 mph top speed. If the drone ran low on power or couldn't keep up it would just land and wait to require the signal.

It had a girls name, the motors deployed by popping out from the body, and it was waterproof enough that you could throw it into the water and the rotors would deploy and pop it right back out of the water and into the air at the moment of splash down. Overall it looked really decent. At the time I wanted one to follow my kids around.

You mean this?

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2015/05/15/worlds_first_drone_throwandshoot_camera

I want one of those too ;)

So the battery life of the drone is what a few minutes at most before it dies and falls down?
The original beebop appears to have flown 18 minutes. I assume this one is as good or better. Some drones can fly for 30 minutes.

while I do massive burnouts and donuts everywhere in my car..

Steve's 1972 Camaro with it's 502ci (560hp / 580tq) doing a massive burnout and donuts.. probably while simultaneously posting news to the front page of [H]..

Hardocp_Camero_donuts_ani.gif

Speed Racer already had this technology 50 years ago..

06c008d211_mach5robot.jpg

Bebop meh.

DJI Mavic Pro is the THE drone to get right now.

Ok, I guess they will BE the one to get when they catch up on their massive backlog of preorders.

Forget having one this year if you haven't already ordered one.

This does not help with the stereotypes of what it's like to live it Texas (car or background).

I have a 1972 Camaro with a 502ci in it (560hp / 580tq), the wife drives a 1971 El Camino with the original 350

Back